5.08.09 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 10 May 2009 , 6:32am by Cupcakeluv24

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:48am
post #61 of 78

Making another MD monogram...sortof...big surprise, eh? icon_biggrin.gif

I would be busy except people wait until today to place orders.....so tired of that. And want to pay upon delivery. No way.

So, making a nice cake for my momma and taking it easy...kind of glad not to have any real orders...in a way. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:51am
post #62 of 78

Satin Ice advertises that its OK in the fridge. The issue is sweating as it comes up to room temp. Takes hours for the condensation to dissipate.

scnix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scnix Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:54am
post #63 of 78

Leahs- thanks so much. I will take it out now and then it can "dry out" before tomorrow. Everyone on here has been so nice to me. I love it. I only do a cake or two a month so I learn each adn everytime.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:54am
post #64 of 78

Unless it's incredibly hot and humid in the kitchen you're in, the Satin Ice will be fine. Even in the height of the summer, as long as I have the AC going I've never had sweating/condensation issue from a refrigerated cake with Satin Ice. It holds up very well in the fridge. Almost all of my cakes have perishable fillings, so I have to refrigerate them... like I said, never been a problem. I've heard some MMF/refrigeration horror stories though!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:59am
post #65 of 78

I can't believe all this talk about AC and heat and humidity!!! oh I wish......and I'm in the Hawaii of Canada!!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 9 May 2009 , 6:01am
post #66 of 78

This is my first time posting...all I'm working on is a smaller 2 tier cake for some very good friend's wedding tomorrow! I spent the day at work, supper and evening at a bbq hosted by the wedding couple. I didn't get started on this cake until so late and (stupidly) tried a different recipe for mmf and it is not working out!!! All I could do is get the cake "good enough". I am exhausted and can't keep my eyes open anymore - thinking I will go to bed and finish tomorrow.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 9 May 2009 , 6:03am
post #67 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_ash

I can't believe all this talk about AC and heat and humidity!!! oh I wish......and I'm in the Hawaii of Canada!!

This weather is horrible!! Where is spring?? Shorts and T-shirts one day, parkas the next!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 9 May 2009 , 6:06am
post #68 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_ash

This weather is horrible!! Where is spring?? Shorts and T-shirts one day, parkas the next!

Oh I know!!!

Carso what MMF recipe did you use?

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:37pm
post #69 of 78

How did everyone do last night? I'm off to make two deliveries and then come back to put my bra together. I have concerns about that thing. Not my finest work from what I can tell so far.... icon_sad.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:51pm
post #70 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

.... and then come back to put my bra together. I have concerns about that thing. Not my finest work from what I can tell so far.... icon_sad.gif

Jammjenks - that made me laugh. BTW - are you going to post your mothers day cake to the galleries? I want to add it to my faves.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #71 of 78

My last cake of the week was a free cake for a primary school raffle so they would pass out my flyers. tried peonies and cherry blossoms for the first time - pic in my profile.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #72 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

.... and then come back to put my bra together. I have concerns about that thing. Not my finest work from what I can tell so far.... icon_sad.gif

Jammjenks - that made me laugh. BTW - are you going to post your mothers day cake to the galleries? I want to add it to my faves.

I just added it for you.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1364391

Still working on that bra. It's coming together though.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:13am
post #73 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcakes

icon_eek.gif Is that 57 different cake orders??? Im sorry but I'm new to CC and these parts so Im not familar with all or what you do! So please excuse my nosiey ness!

Woo Hoo!! 55 down 2 to go icon_confused.gif Yes, it's 57 separate orders. The actual hardest part of getting it all done was getting people to pick up their cakes on time so we cold get theirs out of the cooler and the next one in.

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #74 of 78

Nope no cakes going, I'm at my regular job but , I sure do have cake envy going. Four wedding cakes and two grooms cakes wow!! Hope you have good help.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:05am
post #75 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcakeluv24

Strawberry Filling!! I get nothing but AMAZING RAVES on this recipe. and its SOOO Stinking EASY!!
Ingredients:
  1 pkg (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup thawed
  1 cup heavy cream
  2 tablespoons cornstarch
Makes: 2 1/2 cups of filling.
Instructions
Combine strawberries, cream and corn starch in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and chill before filling cupcake/cake.

I was just stopping by to tell everyone hello when I saw your recipe.

Can a cake with this filling stay at room temperature for long?
Would you use it on a wedding cake that would be out for a couple of days while you decorate?
How does this filling do if the cake is fondant covered?

It sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing.
-Debbie B.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:09am
post #76 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcakes

icon_eek.gif Is that 57 different cake orders??? Im sorry but I'm new to CC and these parts so Im not familar with all or what you do! So please excuse my nosiey ness!

Woo Hoo!! 55 down 2 to go icon_confused.gif Yes, it's 57 separate orders. The actual hardest part of getting it all done was getting people to pick up their cakes on time so we cold get theirs out of the cooler and the next one in.

My goodness, I cannot imagine doing that many cakes. How in the world are you alive and well? You must have a high level of energy. icon_lol.gif

-Debbie B. icon_biggrin.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:25am
post #77 of 78

cupcakeluv..I just tried the recipe. I couldn't find any strawberries in syrup. I went to 3 different stores, which is all we have here! So I made it and just added a bit of sugar. It's fantastic. It didn't thicken that much, and kinda soupy looking, which could be b/c of no syrup. So I'm letting it cool to see if it thickens anymore. If not, I guess I'll throw it back on the burner and add some more cornstarch or some flour or something. Thanks again!

Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:32am
post #78 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe-dreams

cupcakeluv..I just tried the recipe. I couldn't find any strawberries in syrup. I went to 3 different stores, which is all we have here! So I made it and just added a bit of sugar. It's fantastic. It didn't thicken that much, and kinda soupy looking, which could be b/c of no syrup. So I'm letting it cool to see if it thickens anymore. If not, I guess I'll throw it back on the burner and add some more cornstarch or some flour or something. Thanks again!

yes do let it sit for a bit it will thicken not Jell-o but it will not be as soupy, and also even though it does look like that it WILL NOT come pouring out when you cut the cake. make sure to use and dam around the inside of each layer that you fill,and be sure not to over fill the dams. I have also made it without the syrup.

DebBTX - I would not leave it out in a cake for days due to the cream that is used. but it can be left out a the day of a function/wedding. I have used it in Birthday cakes also in stacked cakes with up to 4 layers.
I also decorated a cake while using that filling and placed it in the fridge and pulled it back out and its been fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%