Candy/chocolate Clay: How Long Does It Last?

Sugar Work By Misa-chan Updated 20 May 2009 , 6:05am by kimblyd

Misa-chan Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 2

Once you make your bows and other items out of the clay and you let it dry out, how long does it last?

I wanted to know because this week end I am making a cake for my mother for Mother's Day, but I know my youngest sister (10) when she comes back from her dad's will want to make a cake and use some of the flowers I'll make, so I wanted to know how long they keep.

Thank you icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
kimblyd Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:05am
post #2 of 2

Sorry so late, but maybe you still want some input...

I keep my leftover clay in small ziplock bags and put all the small bags in a Tupperware container and store in a cool dry place. It keeps for weeks.

I also keep leftover things (flowers, leaves, etc.) in a separate flat Tupperware container and keep them for weeks as well.

I always mark the date I made the clay on the bag and throw it out after about two months. I probably could keep it longer, but I try to make smaller batches so I usually don't have much to throw away.

You could also try freezing. I have done with the clay and it was fine. I have never frozen finished "things" so I don't know if that would work or not. Maybe I will try that...... icon_biggrin.gif

HTH.

Kim
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%