Cup Cakes- Standard, Large Or Jumbo

Baking By cookiedoescakes Updated 11 May 2009 , 1:21am by indydebi

cookiedoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiedoescakes Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 8

I need your help. I make cupcakes as a hobby and I have sold some to friends. They are enjoyed by all but I've been told that $24 for a dozen of cupcakes is too much. I use the standard muffin tin. I have read over some of the threads that give advice on "never" under pricing your cakes/cupcakes, but none of them have stated what size cup cakes are being made. Please let me know if $24 per dozen of standard cupcakes is too much. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 8

Don't be bullied by buttheads. 24$/doz for standard size is well worth it.

I charge 33$/doz for standard size, a swirl of frosting and sprinkles.

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 8

Around here, the going rate is $3.00 per cupcake standard, $5.00 for large with just a swirl and some sprinkels.

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 8

it depends what area your in , Im in south texas and I sell my individual one for 2.15 and the dozen for 21.00 and some people think the price is great, some think its fair and of course dont forget the ones that think: are you kidding me 21.00 for a dozen I can make 24 out of one cake mix box! My respond to them: Go ahead be my guest. icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 8

Nope, not too much. thumbs_up.gif

STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamia

it depends what area your in , Im in south texas and I sell my individual one for 2.15 and the dozen for 21.00 and some people think the price is great, some think its fair and of course dont forget the ones that think: are you kidding me 21.00 for a dozen I can make 24 out of one cake mix box! My respond to them: Go ahead be my guest. icon_biggrin.gif

LMAO.....How about the jerks that say....I can get them at Costco for 7 bucks...(NYC is locking Wally-World (shudders) out but we still have wholesale clubs).....

So my heart goes out to all you cakers with a Wally-World EVERY 5 miles.

You set your price dont undersell yourself; don't rob them either and never, never, take a wholesale or Wally's prices as "rule of thumb"....

And like maya said: LET THEM MAKE IT THEMSELVES....LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Happy caking,
Stacy

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 8

If they want your cupcakes, they will pay! $2.00/cupcake is really not a lot. I went into a local shop and paid $4.00 for a large cupcake AND personally I didn't think it was good.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:21am
post #8 of 8

I buy what's labeled "Texas Size" cupcake wrappers. My logic is that they can get the regular size cupcakes at the local grocery, so why should they make a special trip to me? Well, because I offer a "more and better" cupcake than the grocery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%