My New Petty Pet Peeve

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 11 May 2009 , 12:34pm by costumeczar

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 16

I know that I'm not the only person who gets bugged by this, but maybe I am. It annoys me when every commercial promoting new tv episodes announces that it's an "event." Since when is every show an event? For pete's sake.

15 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 16

or how about when it is toted as being the "most outrageous episode ever"
"You'll never believe what happens next....."

Putting down the remote!!!! After Lost, Hell's Kitchen, Celebrity Apprentice, NHL Playoffs (go Vancouver! go Washington!), and all things cake related!!1 icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 16

My daughter pointed this one out. Every commercial for the next Oprah show is "going to change your life!" or it's "a life-changing event!" My, my, how DID we all live so well before she came along?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

My daughter pointed this one out. Every commercial for the next Oprah show is "going to change your life!" or it's "a life-changing event!" My, my, how DID we all live so well before she came along?

Can't stomach HER (Oprah, not your daughter icon_lol.gif )

costumeczar..............YES!!! I thought I was the only one bugged by that (or the only one to notice it) I even noticed that the local news reporters are calling everything an *event* i.e. snowstorms, ughhhh so overused!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Can't stomach HER (Oprah, not your daughter icon_lol.gif )

I cannot stomach Oprah either. And that's putting it very mildly.

I am glad to have met someone else who cannot take her. So many people think she's some kind of gift from God. Image

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 16

Sherri, that emoticon is hilarious!! Yeah, gotta agree with you, I don't get the infatuation either.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 16

I totally agree with the "event" peeve. My other new peeve is that every store that is having a sale, it's now a "stimulus" sale because of the economy. Are you giving it to me for free? No? Then you're not really stiumulating my checking account, now are ya???

And I am SO over Oprah, too!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 16

I'm tired of the endless teases.

Quote:
Quote:

We are going to tell you if this miracle product works or not. Betty here has a broken surgical instrument and she cannot conduct brain surgery without it. We don't know if this glue will hold but since this person who needs the operation will die otherwise and the orphanage will flood if they don't keep thier finger on the dike...blablablabla
so tune it at ten to find out.

So you tune in at ten...

Quote:
Quote:

So look at Betty cut, see the instrument strain, the water is rising, tune it tomorrow for the results...

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:44pm
post #9 of 16

icon_rolleyes.gif Or the "this just in" and "breaking news now!!!!".......etc.etc.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 16

or...."it may kill you and it's probably in your house!!" find out at 11.... WTH!!!

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:06pm
post #11 of 16

I'm so with all of you on these! The other one that bugs me is the "shocking" eliminations. Really? Are they all THAT shocking? I mean somebody's gotta go home!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:17pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzygirl

or...."it may kill you and it's probably in your house!!" find out at 11.... WTH!!!

"Find out at 11 unless it already gotcha." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:49pm
post #13 of 16

My latest pet peeve is that Soapnet is advertising Being Eric as their NEW ORIGINAL series.....hello it has been airing in Canada for quite some time. It may very well be soapnets new series but is it's their original series.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:27pm
post #14 of 16

Or "theme" music on CNN to go with whatever story.

I never watch the big "O". Too preachy for me. And I kinda lost respect for Dr. Phil. He is just as bad as Maury Povich. icon_razz.gif

I DO like those 20/20 shows where its "What Would You Do?" scenario? But one of these days, some one is going to get hurt, cause they are going to tick off the wrong person and they are going to go off on someone!

costumeczar Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:33pm
post #15 of 16

[quote="cakes22"]Or "theme" music on CNN to go with whatever story.

quote]

Our local news has started doing this...They have theses pathetic little themes that they've written for big national stories, and they play about 5 seconds of it, then cut it off abruptly. Very strange...I assume they think it makes them seem more professional, but it just reeks of local.

costumeczar Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:34pm
post #16 of 16

[quote="cakes22"]Or "theme" music on CNN to go with whatever story.

quote]

Our local news has started doing this...They have theses pathetic little themes that they've written for big national stories, and they play about 5 seconds of it, then cut it off abruptly. Very strange...I assume they think it makes them seem more professional, but it just reeks of local.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%