Need Some Ideas Please............

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 9 May 2009 , 4:00pm by jillangel

panchanewjersey Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 9

Ok, I know I can count on cc friends. I just got a call from my doctors wife who wants a cake for him, it's his birthday next week and he has several interests of which she would like in the cake. They are; golfing, poppy's or just wild flowers ,dr. stuff (of course), writing (books?). So I want to include all these things in the cake but am just overwhelmed by all these items, but I also don't want the cake to look weird. It might be a bit much but he specifically asked her to call me for a cake. Which made me feel good. So can anyone give me ideas on what this "thing" should look like?
I would appreciate any ideas, in the end I'll put it all together and post a picture. Thanks guys!

Note: I have a an idea but would sure love to hear others.

8 replies
mkm25 Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 9

Um...my first thought is...you could do a lab coat with his various hobbies sticking out of the pockets. Or, even better - do a doctor's bag with his hobbies stuffed inside!

Just a thought! Hope it helps!

cricket0616 Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 9

How about you make a cake to look like a scrap book and place items on the page of things he would be interested in collecting like pressed wild flowers, a golf tee from a special golf outting, his first stethoscope that is broken to show his year of medicine and some sheets of paper with a short poem written on it.

nikki72905 Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 9

hmm, first thought that came to my mind is a sheet cake with poppy flowers all over it and then put golfing tees in it like a greens course ...

then have signs for each of the different holes
Stethoscope hole (you could make a stethoscope out of fondant and put it around the hole ...

I hope this gives you some more ideas ...

panchanewjersey Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm25

Um...my first thought is...you could do a lab coat with his various hobbies sticking out of the pockets. Or, even better - do a doctor's bag with his hobbies stuffed inside!

Just a thought! Hope it helps!

I had origianlly thought of just that of a wildflower book on bottom and a doctor bag on top with his hobbys sticking out of bag (golf club, ball etc...).
But I really like all the other ideas too. I would like to try lab coat and the golf course too....hmm. Thanks.

jillangel Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 9

(Depending on how you feel about figure making) but I would make a sheet cake to look like a book around the sides or in a book pan. On top would be somewhat like a golf course. A golfer dressed as a doctor (maybe his dr bag holding his extra clubs) where the hole is at the other end of the cake I would have some wildflowers etc. Depending on how much you want to incorporate you could make the flag to the hole a thermometer. Lots of great ideas so far.

Evoir Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 9

I immediately thought a round cake, darker green sides in 'grass' with poppies all through it and around. On top I would have a recessed area of a golf putting green made in a lighter green fondant. I'd make the putting green kidney-shaped maybe (not a regular circle).

Then, have the hole somewhere left or right of centre in the putting greenn - you can add in a flag on a pole in the hole. Have the good doctor lying on his back on the green with a big smile, reading a book (or on his tummy writing in a book). You can add in a stethescope around his neck, a golf bag near him...those sorts of things.

I just like the idea of a doctor relaxing out on a sunny day on the golf course, and feeling the urge to lie down and write in his journal or something, LOL! Maybe have his golf shoes off and his pants rolled up too!

panchanewjersey Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:47pm
post #8 of 9

Gosh guys you have really neat ideas. But you know what's so weird jillangel you must have some psychic powers.lol Just yesterday I sketched out exactly what you had in mind with the exception of the thermometer. Weird huh!

jillangel Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 9

LOL! I had only seen the first few responses when I wrote that and after I submitted the reply I saw your last post (not realizing it was you) and I thought wow that person is thinking basically what I had in mind'.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%