How Do I Make Camo Fondant?

Decorating By DaniHarris Updated 9 May 2009 , 10:12am by margaretb

DaniHarris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniHarris Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a corset cake for my son's 18th birthday. I want to make the corset camo colored. Any suggestions?

4 replies
Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 5

I have seen some who actually cut out the pieces like a puzzle and then piece them together, but I think it would be a whole lot easier to marble the colors of fondant together. It will not be EXACTLY camo, but still the same effect.

paula19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula19 Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:34am
post #3 of 5

I would stick with cutting fondant pieces like puzzles pieces and rolling them together, although it would be more work. Marbleizing the fondant might not work out all the time, since the colors can turn out streaky.

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:47am
post #4 of 5

Do you think it would work if you rolled the colours into lots of small balls and placed them randomly on the surface (close-ish) and then used the rolling pin to roll out the surface with all the balls, which would flatten and join them? Not sure if I explained it well, nor if it would work but it's what I'd try if I was attempting it. I'd coat the surface in heaps of shortening first!

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:12am
post #5 of 5

I made a little camo figure for a cake, and I just took my blob of green fondant and added little balls of brown and black and kneaded it. If I hadn't already had brown and black made up, I would have just put a few dabs of colour right on the green. So it was the marbling effect, but it was pretty cool. All the hunters who saw it were impressed. IMO it doesn't matter if it looks like genuine camo as long as the effect is of camo. Actual camo wouldn't be puzzle-like anyway -- it would be all sticks and leaves and such.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%