Indydebi's Butter Cream

Decorating By ninatat Updated 10 May 2009 , 11:26pm by cutiepiecakes

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 18

can any one tell me how much indy's butter cream yields, i have to make it for class, i'm also decorating a cake this weekend. how much does 1 batch make thanks

17 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 18

lots, i filled and crumb coated a 8inch square, could easily do the same again, maybe even an extra cake.
xx

ninatat Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 18

wow when i read the ingredients it didn't seem like it would make that much, but boy is the powered whipping cream expensive, i had to buy the store brand hoped it works the same, Oh yea i bought a dummy cake and am going to play with it all next week, going to think of different things to put on might take a couple weeks but it will be fun
thanks for answering

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 18

I have recently switched to her recipe and like it better than what I was using (even though I am not a big fan of any buttercream) You can add different flavorings or in place of the water, use flavored coffee creamers

ninatat Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:59am
post #5 of 18

ok that sounds good thank you

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:03am
post #6 of 18

I just used indydebi's icing recipe for the first time today. All I can say is "WOW"! The taste is great and it smooths really nicely. Thanks Indydebi!

carolyn1489 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolyn1489 Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:08am
post #7 of 18

I also used it for the first time today....yummmmmmmm!!...I couldnt stop eating it...it had a great texture and smooths very nicely...loved it!!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 18

I made it the first time a couple of weeks ago, I iced over 90 mini cupcakes with 1 batch! I love love love the taste of it! I was using a wilton recipe I think, and everyone loves hers so much better! Ive made it several different flavors as well, and it works great with every one of them!

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:58pm
post #9 of 18

I made it yesterday for the first time (for my semi disastrous bowling cake), and I just loved it. Great to work with, and everyone liked the taste! Thank god that cake tasted so good, people were able to forget how flawed it was.
Thanks to indydebi for sharing!

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 18

I found IndyDebi's recipe last summer when I was making cakes for an outside birthday (100+ every day). I did white and chocolate and everyone loved it. I don't know if it is the Dream Whip, but I almost always add it to my frosting now. If heat isn't a factor, I use half butter and half shortening ... just because I like butter in my buttercream. icon_smile.gif

I am doing an outside wedding in a couple of weeks and will be using her all shortening recipe, but I know it is going to taste great and hopefully won't melt before they cut the cake. They are predicting mid to high 90's ... and very high humidity. If anything will work, it will be IndyDebi's recipe!

ninatat Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:44pm
post #11 of 18

wow that's hot, i just made the frosting, getting ready to frost the cake, then fondant it. thanks

ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:15am
post #12 of 18

I just made two batches too! I made one with orange extract and orange zest for a dreamcicle cake and I added Chocolate coco powder and Cocolate extract for almond cake! yummy!!! i filled a 3 lb. container (48 oz) with the orange buttercream...

ninatat Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:01pm
post #13 of 18

Hi All for some reason i though it took alot of the dream whip, da two tablespoons so i bought 4 boxes, did buy the store brand. and that's why i asked all of you how much it yielded, i read the recipe and thought it said 2 tbs of con sugar and i'm thing what does this dream whip blow up. Then i came in to my puter room to write it down, still read it wrong, then got closer to the screen and ohhhh 2lbs. it came out really good, i like the taste better in the medium , everybody loved it, i posted in my last post and still trying to post the pics,

cutiepiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:09pm
post #14 of 18

Is this recipe on cake central? I'm making outdoor wedding cake in July! Very hot with high humidity here in Kentucky. Would love to try this recipe!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:16pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepiecakes

Is this recipe on cake central? I'm making outdoor wedding cake in July! Very hot with high humidity here in Kentucky. Would love to try this recipe!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

DegaDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DegaDee Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:20pm
post #16 of 18

I love it too! Everyone raves about how great it tastes. Only problem I had was adding color. It did not want to blend. I used Wilton coloring (only thing I can find around here without driving 40 miles to Memphis). I thought maybe it was the Dream Whip, maybe it's the Wilton.

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:35pm
post #17 of 18

I tried the recipe this weekend as well and really liked it. I'm also doing an outdoor wedding for a family member at the end of May. What do you add to it to make chocolate buttercream?

cutiepiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:26pm
post #18 of 18

Thanks! Can't wait to give it a trial run!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%