Lustre Dust

Decorating By calamity_clair Updated 8 May 2009 , 3:02pm by kerri729

calamity_clair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calamity_clair Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 7

Hi

I have lots of little shapes that I have made out of modelling paste and want them all gold coloured. Do you think it would work if i put them in a bag with gold lustre dust an gently shock them around?

I have spent hours painting other pieces gold and I've had enough icon_smile.gif

Any other sugestions would be warmly wlecomed.

Thanks again.
Clair

6 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 7

I don't think you would get a uniform look if you do it that way. I think I'd just take a deep breath......and start painting! LOL

Good Luck!

Beth in KY

calamity_clair Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 7

not the answer I was hoping for - its after midnight in Australia icon_smile.gif)

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 7

Actually, Calamity, you can get a uniform look that way. Just be careful not to put too many in at a time so you don't break them. It's a dry look, but very efficient way of working. Many people do pearls the exact same way. When you bring them out of the bag, if you can find a way to run a little steam over them (tea kettle) it will set the dust. Just be careful not to drip on the surface of your item --will leave a mark. The last step is not mandatory, just a little attention to detail.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 7

Hi over there! I have also had enough of gumpaste and painting and making little things. I haven't even started on the big stuff yet! But if you get more done tonight you will sleep better because it won't be nagging at you in your dreams and less to do tomorrow.

calamity_clair Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 7

sleep now icon_smile.gif cake tomorrow. thanks all. night!

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 7

Calamity,
Put 'em in a baggie, shake 'em around- I do that with my white chocolate pieces, just don't do too many at a time, otherwise they may break. I also do all my pearls and small fondant pieces that way............go to sleep now, sweet dreams. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%