I've Got Nothing In The Creative Well Today

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 8 May 2009 , 9:57pm by BeeBoos-8599_

mrswendel Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

So, I have a friend that wants me to do a cake for him. He has a beautiful little girl who is 2 months old and no one in his family has met her yet due to distance between them and his family (live in different provinces). Anyway, he is coming home next weekend so his family can meet her and he would like a cake for the occasion. The cake will only need to be for about 15 people, so not that big. I can't come up with anything that seems to be fitting for the occasion.

Anyone have any ideas? icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Bluehue Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 6

What about a *gift box cake* with a bow on top - and the little gilrls name on it.
I am sort of thinking along the lines of she will be the perfect gift for all the family to see.

Or what about a large pastel colour *baby block*

Or Pink Booties on top of a cake

Perhaps look under *baby* in the gallery for ideas.
How lovely that the family are finally getting to see her - can only imagine the long awaited joy icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

cricket0616 Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 6

There was a beautiful baby carriage posted by KC2BeAgain several weeks ago that was light green. You could do something like that in pink with her name on it.

URL: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_29549.html

mrswendel Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 6

I was thinking about doing a gift box cake. I just don't want it to look like a baby shower cake. I've done a gift box before with a baby's face peeking out....but it was for a shower. Maybe an edible image of the baby girl in the gift box with the lid off to the side....with a tag that says "Here I am" or something to that effect?

I looked in the gallery and everything just seemed to be too "baby shower-ish".

Thanks for the ideas!

andysprite Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with the cake box idea. You could use some pink with some black or brown thrown in to take away the baby shower feel. Hat box cakes are great for any occasion!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 6

What about something like a family tree with her in the newest spot or if you know most of the family members you could do a welcome to the family cake with thier faces on it. Or combine the 2 ideas and put each persons face on the family tree. Have him send you a pic of her .

Quote by @%username% on %date%