Fondant Help Please.....

Decorating By Snotface14 Updated 8 May 2009 , 11:58am by Snotface14

Snotface14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snotface14 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:29am
post #1 of 6

I'm very new ot modelling with fondant and I'm doing a cake tonight which involves a microphone ontop of the cake....I'm ok with making it but suddenly thought I've got no lustre dust or anything here and it's going to look all dull and boring isn't it???

It's going to be a pink and purple microphone on a whilte rolled fondant iced cake, and now I'm just second guessing myself....would it be better if I made the microphone out of plain white fondant and then painted the colour on???

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:19am
post #2 of 6

You could make it out of the colored fondant and then paint it. That would make it nice and bright and shiny.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:19am
post #3 of 6

it wont look dull and boring with out lustre dust.
i would mix the colour into the fondant, you can always paint over it if you want. just painting can be tricky to get it witout steaks. unless you have an air brush, then id go with that.
xx

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:58am
post #4 of 6

I would agree with the others. Make it with already coloured fondant and then paint if you want to. And let it dry and apply some varnish to give a nice shine to it. Here is a recipe from the Recipe Index on how you could make it,

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7292-Edible-Varnish.html

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Snotface14 Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:42am
post #5 of 6

Man you guys are awesome!!! Thanks heaps I'll give the varnish thingy a go I never knew you could do that!

Snotface14 Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:58am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the advice I used coloured fondant and I'm normally very critical of my cake but I have to say it looks totally awesome!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%