I Am Having An "i Hate People" Day.....

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 9 May 2009 , 4:37am by patticakesnc

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 8 May 2009 , 10:41pm
post #61 of 70

I will admit, I really love the down handle a hundred percent more. Is the whole thing really made of buttercream? Get it in cash when she pays and explain when she leaves there will be NO refund.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:15am
post #62 of 70

I like the second handle more too. The cake is marble cake with pink buttercream and fondant accents. I DID have her pay cash...

And get THIS! She comes with a tiny car, her and her mother in front and a big girl in back with a 2 yrs old in back and shoved the cake along with the dozen cupcakes and 6 inch cake and cupcake tower in the back seat with them. The floorboard was crammed full so you couldn't even use it. The little girl was climbing on EVERYTHING...NO not in a carseat or seat belt for that matter!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:46am
post #63 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

I like the second handle more too. The cake is marble cake with pink buttercream and fondant accents. I DID have her pay cash...

And get THIS! She comes with a tiny car, her and her mother in front and a big girl in back with a 2 yrs old in back and shoved the cake along with the dozen cupcakes and 6 inch cake and cupcake tower in the back seat with them. The floorboard was crammed full so you couldn't even use it. The little girl was climbing on EVERYTHING...NO not in a carseat or seat belt for that matter!

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif

.....be prepared to explain to her that the cake is HER responsibility once she takes possession and you aren't going to refund her the money because her kid smashed it, when she calls tomorrow...

patticakesnc Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:52am
post #64 of 70

Oh honey. I hate it for her....I showed them the cakes prior to them taking them from the back of my SUV where there was all kinds of room for them and the boxes sat on non slip stuff to make sure they did not shift whatsoever in the back while I drove up to meet her.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:06am
post #65 of 70
Quote:

I could've written this about my delivery today. I met the lady at a local store's parking lot to deliver her two cakes. One of them had a gumpaste guitar topper standing up. She opened the back of her SUV and it was so dirty that it looked like it was a landscaper's work vehicle. Dried mud everywhere. Oh well, my cakes are boxed so we're good. Her 5 year old and 2 year old were in there and there were no car seats whatsoever. The toddler looked over the back of the seat and dad says, "Now don't you mess with that."

Sure enough, about 2 hrs later when I got home, there was a message to call her. Her son pulled the guitar apart and she wanted to know how to put it together. I guess she got it because I never heard back.

What is it with people anymore? They've all gone crazy!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:13am
post #66 of 70

Are you freakin' kidding me!!! I saw your cake on another thread & thought it was awesome. I didn't know it was buttercream & you only charged $40!!! She doesn't deserve it & you should always charge actual price. I wouldn't have sold that cake for less then $150!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:25am
post #67 of 70

Put her in here:

patticakesnc Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:27am
post #68 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Quote:

I could've written this about my delivery today. I met the lady at a local store's parking lot to deliver her two cakes. One of them had a gumpaste guitar topper standing up. She opened the back of her SUV and it was so dirty that it looked like it was a landscaper's work vehicle. Dried mud everywhere. Oh well, my cakes are boxed so we're good. Her 5 year old and 2 year old were in there and there were no car seats whatsoever. The toddler looked over the back of the seat and dad says, "Now don't you mess with that."

Sure enough, about 2 hrs later when I got home, there was a message to call her. Her son pulled the guitar apart and she wanted to know how to put it together. I guess she got it because I never heard back.

What is it with people anymore? They've all gone crazy!

I know...I could not believe they didn't have a carseat! I mean if the cake gets ruined well...as much as I hate to say it...it is cake...it's not a child! For goodness sake hold the damn cake and put the kid in a car seat!

I haven't heard from her. I really hope I don't. Her mom did say...Oh do I have to put this together. (the cupcake tower). Uhhh YEAH! What did she think I was going to put the cake and cupcakes on the tower and drive them around like that!?! I put the cupcakes in cupcake containers and the cake in a cake box. The tower was fully assembled and she was confused...I just don't get it.

Hey April, I got my 2d today. I am going to do a cupake flower pot for my mom. I got a terracota (sp) pot and put some flowers made from gems on it and then put rhinestones all over it. I am going to do yellow rose cupcakes and I got greenery to fill in and the prettiest butterflies to add onto the greenery.

I can't wait to do it tomorrow and post a pic.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:31am
post #69 of 70

I can't wait to see it too. It sounds beautiful.

Where do you get your cake stuff, Shirley's? I think you told me that once before, but I can't remember.

patticakesnc Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:37am
post #70 of 70

I normally do get everything there, but I had my Michaels coupons so I went there today. That is where I had to meet purse cake girl anyway.

Well, off to bed with me...NITE ALL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%