Where To Buy A Clay Extruder?

Decorating By Lovelymeets Updated 11 May 2009 , 12:54am by ceshell

Lovelymeets Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 8

Hi
where would i get a clay extruder? I need one to roll out fondant. I tired the local Michaels and they told me that the ones they carry have been discontuined.

Which other stores would carry them? I didnt see them in Walmart either.

Thanks

7 replies
Naturepixie Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #2 of 8

Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? they should carry them also. Hope this helps!

whitet4 Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 8

Hobby Lobby has them in the clay section.

wakeandbake Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 8

i bought my malkin's clay extruder from hobby lobby for $25.00. it's a great tool but it is a little small, so if you needed to do a border for a large cake you would have to fill it several times. i don't know if you have hobby lobby in california but maybe you could try their website.

Lovelymeets Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #5 of 8

we dont have hobby lobby here, but i just called Joann and they said they do carry the clay extruder. thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 8

check out this thread if you want a big one that does all the work http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6376900-.html#6376900 I posted a link in my reply.

cylstrial Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 8

I think you can get them at Michael's too. But it sounds like you already found one...so you should be good to go!

ceshell Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #8 of 8

My local JoAnn doesn't carry it any more; I had to get mine online. Be sure that the one JoAnn carries is the twist-T metal extruder, and not the cheap green plunger. You want the Makin's Ultimate Professional. (You may already know this! icon_redface.gif) Michael's stopped carrying them over a year ago.

For those who have to buy it online, try polyclayplay.com; they had the best price including shipping. In reality it was only $5 more than it would have been at Michael's with the 40% off coupon, because I didn't have to pay sales tax. Don't bother trying for one on ebay; they always bid up to MORE than you can just buy 'em for from a legitimate retailer!

I have been using my Makin's all weekend for an upcoming cake. Boy do I love that thing! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%