Where To Buy A Clay Extruder?

Decorating By Lovelymeets Updated 11 May 2009 , 12:54am by ceshell

Lovelymeets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelymeets Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 8

Hi
where would i get a clay extruder? I need one to roll out fondant. I tired the local Michaels and they told me that the ones they carry have been discontuined.

Which other stores would carry them? I didnt see them in Walmart either.

Thanks

7 replies
Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #2 of 8

Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? they should carry them also. Hope this helps!

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 8

Hobby Lobby has them in the clay section.

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 8

i bought my malkin's clay extruder from hobby lobby for $25.00. it's a great tool but it is a little small, so if you needed to do a border for a large cake you would have to fill it several times. i don't know if you have hobby lobby in california but maybe you could try their website.

Lovelymeets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelymeets Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #5 of 8

we dont have hobby lobby here, but i just called Joann and they said they do carry the clay extruder. thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 8

check out this thread if you want a big one that does all the work http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6376900-.html#6376900 I posted a link in my reply.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 8

I think you can get them at Michael's too. But it sounds like you already found one...so you should be good to go!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #8 of 8

My local JoAnn doesn't carry it any more; I had to get mine online. Be sure that the one JoAnn carries is the twist-T metal extruder, and not the cheap green plunger. You want the Makin's Ultimate Professional. (You may already know this! icon_redface.gif) Michael's stopped carrying them over a year ago.

For those who have to buy it online, try polyclayplay.com; they had the best price including shipping. In reality it was only $5 more than it would have been at Michael's with the 40% off coupon, because I didn't have to pay sales tax. Don't bother trying for one on ebay; they always bid up to MORE than you can just buy 'em for from a legitimate retailer!

I have been using my Makin's all weekend for an upcoming cake. Boy do I love that thing! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%