Sugarshack Chocolate?

Decorating By cakenewbiekgm Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 2:45pm by kinicto

cakenewbiekgm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbiekgm Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #1 of 7

Hey! Took a break from cakes for a while - had some medical things. VERY excited to be back!! Doing a wedding cake and grooms cake in June YAY!!!

My question - has anyone ever used sugarshack's icing recipe and made it chocolate? Can you just add cocoa powder?? If so how much?

6 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 7

Bump

jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 7

I'm sure all you would have to do is substitute some of the powdered sugar with cocoa powder. You could also melt some chocolate chips and maybe add them in with the shortening, but I havent' tried it.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 7

I have a chocolate BC recipe, but I would like to know the exact measurements to make a chocolate version of Sugarshacks.

jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 7

I doubt you would need exact measurements - you could just substitute cocoa powder for the powdered sugar to your taste. That's just what I would do anyways LOL. I'm no buttercream expert though.

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 7

I have made the sugarshacks icing chocolate and what I do is substitute 1 cup of the p.s. with 1 cup coco powder then add some melted chocolate in place of the hot coffee creamer it came out perfect. Good luck.

kinicto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kinicto Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 7

Mix the chocolate powder into the shortening mixture. This cuts down on the bitter taste. There is really no measurement, just to your liking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%