Cream Cheese Filling Help!!

Baking By Redmama Updated 8 May 2009 , 1:00am by Redmama

Redmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redmama Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:44am
post #1 of 4

I made a strawberry cream cheese filling off of this site that calls for frozen strawberries in sugar, cream cheese, and strawberry gelatin. I followed all directions to the T and its been "setting up" in the fridge for 4 hours and its still runny! Does anyone have any ideas how I can salvage this and make it thicker?? It tastes awesome so I dont want to alter the flavor just thicken it.
Also another question, since this has cream cheese in it, can I fill my cake and frost/fondant it and leave it out overnight? I know im not supposed to refrigerate my cake after I put the fondant on and my sons party is early saturday morning so I wont have time to do any more work on it. This is my first cake with fondant so i really want to have it turn out great. Thanks for any help you can provide!

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7457-Creamy-and-Firm-Strawberry-Cream-Cheese-Filling.html

3 replies
ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #2 of 4

After reading the recipe, I'm having trouble figuring out what is making it runny. Did the strawberries have an extraordinary amount of juice?

Can you add some powdered sugar or even a little more cream cheese? Or, just a bit more of the gelatin?

idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:55am
post #3 of 4

Maybe try dissolving some unflavored gelatin & mixing it in? I'd think that would help w/ making it firmer.

As far as not refrigerating, I wouldn't leave the cream cheese out of the fridge for that long. What kind of fondat are you using? Mmf is the one that does have problems being refirgerated, others can be ok. Otherwise I would probably go w/ a different filling that doesn't need to be kept cold.

Redmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redmama Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #4 of 4

That is what I was worried about is that there was an incredible amount of juice in the strawberries. Yes, I am using MMF. I am bummed because the flavor is great but I guess I should just go with a regular strawberry filling and call it good? I already tried dissolving more gelatin than called for...twice...and it didnt work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%