Viva!!!!!

Decorating By MBHazel Updated 8 May 2009 , 2:03am by bethola

MBHazel Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 12

Hi all,

Have any of you noticed this? Over the last month or so every roll of Viva Papers towels I buy has lots of bits of tan and brown paper stuck to it. I have to roll off several sheets and wipe the bottom and top down carefully to make sure to get it all off.

MBHazel

11 replies
kandu001 Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #2 of 12

I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that the quality has decreased. It's been kinda bumpy looking and more "cheapie" looking.

bakermommy4 Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:58am
post #3 of 12

I'm with u kandu...it's not all that smooth. I'm new to the viva method and was wondering what all the fuss was about...it doen't have a design on it, but it does have a slight texture to it. Maybe a while ago it didn't.

jaybug Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:10am
post #4 of 12

Yes , I have been noticing the brown pieces on these paper towels for a couple of months now. Looks like shavings of paper that the rolls are made from. Very annoying!

MirnaG Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:10am
post #5 of 12

I did notice! I always buy in bulk and just recently ran out and bought a new single roll and noticed that it had just what you're talking about. It's also like linty or something.

kandu001 Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:27am
post #6 of 12

Maybe we should send a complaint to them! It's not like it is a cheap brand, they are one of the most expensive, so the quality should live up to the price!

ayerim979 Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:39am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandu001

Maybe we should send a complaint to them! It's not like it is a cheap brand, they are one of the most expensive, so the quality should live up to the price!

Totally agree with you hubby alwasy tells me "just buy the cheap kind" Im like "hello theres a reason why I buy these" Get with the program lol!!!

even though I still cant get my cakes 100% smooth icon_cry.gif

Elise87 Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #8 of 12

can u get the same smoothness on cakes with baking paper instead of viva?

bethola Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:47am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

can u get the same smoothness on cakes with baking paper instead of viva?

Is baking paper the same as parchment paper? If so, I use parchment all the time. Sometimes in conjunction with Melvira's Method. I only use paper towels when I actually WANT a textured look.

Beth in KY

cakenewbiekgm Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:50am
post #10 of 12

If you use the viva method and then use the same method with printing paper it gets rid of any texture the paper towel leaves.

I can't get over how expensive they are - they need to make a line for cakers and sell it at restaurant supply stores so we can get the good stuff not the stuff with the brown scraps! icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87 Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:59am
post #11 of 12

yeh bethola, I just looked it up and if i looked up the right thing then yeh i think they are pretty much the same. It's hard sometimes when australia and america call similar things different names lol Thanks for help icon_smile.gif

bethola Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:03am
post #12 of 12

You are Welcome!

Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%