Lemon Filling?

Decorating By Mom_Of_4 Updated 7 May 2009 , 11:12pm by mbt4955

Mom_Of_4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom_Of_4 Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if anyone had a good lemon filling that they would be willing to share with me? My husband's grandmother loves white cake with lemon filling so I was planning on making her one for Mother's day...but I can't find a lemon filling recipe that sounds good. She doesn't like lemon curd, just a lemon filling. Thanks for any help!

2 replies
favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 3

what amixing lemon curd with whip cream and making it a mousse? That's what my mom used to do and people LOVED it. I don't know of any other ideas - sorry

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 3

I found this one on MyRecipes.com. I think it is actually a curd, but it has orange juice in it too, so you might like it. It is supposed to go with a white cake. Are you thinking more along the lines of a lemon meringue pie filling??? I love lemon curd, so I probably won't be much help. icon_smile.gif

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=223005

* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/2 cup warm water
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
* 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 large egg yolks
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation

Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Stir in water, orange juice, rind, lemon juice, and egg yolks. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until thick (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and chill at least 1 1/2 hours or up to 2 days. Stir well before using.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%