Betty Crocker & Gluten-Free!!

Decorating By luvsfreebies72 Updated 8 May 2009 , 4:10pm by Jayde

luvsfreebies72 Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 7

Betty Crocker just a few days ago released some GF cake, brownie & cookie mixes in limited test market areas and will be taking them "live" nationwide in major retailers in the beginning of June!! I just got off the phone with them about whether the mixes are casein-free as well, and it looks like they are, but double check the packaging to be sure. The frostings are going GF soon, too.

I burst into tears of happiness. This means no more failed recipes, no more making myself sick just so I can have a piece of cake or a brownie or a cookie and I can take my kitchen GF without breaking the bank. They said we will not be able to use coupons on the gluten-free products, but the prices are the same as the regular mixes, which is INSANELY cheap compared to what we pay currently for GF products.

Also, for anyone that cares, certain checx cereals are going GF as well!!!!

6 replies
bonniebakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 7

wow! thanks for the info!

BakerzJoy Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 7

Wow, thanks for the info! My son has Autism and we are considering the gluten free/casien free diet, this is awesome!!

luvsfreebies72 Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 7
Jayde Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 7

There are a lot of cereals out there that are already wheat free, but are packaged in a non wheat-free environment, thus not making them GF.

I eat Rice Krispies a lot icon_smile.gif they are my new favorite cereal. I use them in a lot of things too, like a faux graham cracker crust and krispie treats and even for breading chicken or fish. You just have to read the labels because just cause the name brand is wheat free doesnt mean that the store brand is.

We should swap GF recipes/tips sometime icon_smile.gif.

I am really looking foward to brownie mix. I miss regular brownies with toasted walnuts. The kind that you underbake by about 5 minutes so that the center is gushy and the edges are chewy and crispy. I swear as soon as they come out with the GF version I will make a batch and EAT THE WHOLE DARN THING!

Go Betty Crocker!

luvsfreebies72 Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:32am
post #6 of 7

I know what you mean, I've been Celiac diagnosed for about 4-5 years now. Along with casein-intolerance (seperate issue) and a myriad of food allergies.

Betty Crocker is manufacturing these products in a dedicated facility - yahoo!

The chex cereals are as well, now. AND they are taking out the malt flavoring they used in favor of molasses. yeehaw! Finally a GF/CF cereal that truly is GF/CF, I can eat it, it tastes good and doesn't cost a minor fortune! Go General Mills!

I gave up on a real honest-to-god, moist, chewy, ooey, gooey brownie ages ago. After dinner I'm going to every store in town to find out who has them. If the CS rep at BC was wrong and I'm not in the test market, I'm calling all my friends and finding someone who is and gonna have them send me some LOL

Jayde Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 7

I am so excited I CANNOT wait for June! Youd better bet that as soon as the mixes come out I am going to be on my grocer like white on rice to carry these mixes. I already drive him nuts cause I constantly am asking him to order more GF things, like Quinoa pasta and different flours. I hate having to pay for shipping, just cause THEY dont want to carry that stuff in their stores.

Uh, hello? There are a lot more people on GF/CF free diets these days that wouldnt have to order online if you would carry the stuff in the stores!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%