Making Sure Cute Cupcake Papers Stay Cute

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 7 May 2009 , 7:44pm by patticakesnc

Kitagrl Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

I had a customer order special cupcake papers for an upcoming order.

What will be the best way to keep the cupcakes looking good? Layer one fancy paper with a white paper inside and then pour in the batter? Or put the plain white papered cupcake in the fancy paper after its baked?

I tried the "after its baked" method last month and the papers seemed to stand out too much around the cupcake. So I thought maybe if I layered it in the cupcake pan, it would cling around the cupcake more. On the other hand, would it also soak through both papers and ruin the look of the pretty one?

3 replies
patticakesnc Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

I accidently baked with two cupcake liners and it looked really cute after it baked. They seperated it looked like it was suppose to be that way. I have done it afterwards too and I liked the look but I baked in white ones and then put them in the silver foil ones and I liked the look that way too....

Boy I was a lot of help huh? LOL

Kitagrl Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 4

So when you baked in two liners, the cake color did not come all the way through the second liner?

patticakesnc Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 4

It didn't on me. What kind are you baking? I was doing WASC and Chocolate. I pulled the second paper off since it was an accident and it was dry. I acutally used it on another batch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%