Whats The Best Way To Get The Colour Sage?

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 7 May 2009 , 7:03pm by indydebi

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 8

So I've been trying to figure out the best way to get a sage colour. I only have access to wilton colours...I'm pretty sure they don't actually have a sage but is there one of the green that done lightly will be sage or a combination that will produce sage. I checked the Wilton colour chart and they don't have sage on there.

TIA!
Ashley

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 8

Actually Wilton has a color called Juniper green that makes a really nice Sage green.Americolor has a color called Avocado.

hkc0317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hkc0317 Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 8

I've never made sage for a cake but I used to dye wedding shoes. The easiest way to dull green is to add red. I would do it one drop at a time. I hope this works for cake too. But color is color so it should!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 8

Juniper green with a touch of sky blue to brighten it slightly. Juniper by itself is more army green.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 8

wilton has a color called moss green. it is a sage color. That is the color I used in my butterfly cookies. You can obviously add less to make it a little lighter too.

CanadianCakin Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks you so much!!! Helps a lot!

CanadianCakin Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks you so much!!! Helps a lot!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 8

Ironically, I'm sitting here with green stained fingers because the wedding cake I'm working on is "Sage green with pizzazz!" (don't ask!). I'm using Juniper and Moss green combined and dropping a couple of tablespoons of chocolate icing in there to darken it a bit.

It going to be a 5 tier cake with the tiers choc-sage-choc-sage-choc. Can't wait to see how it turns out! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%