For My Birthday... (Sorry, It's A Bit Long)......

Decorating By Debluvs2bake Updated 8 May 2009 , 6:20pm by cakesdivine

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 19

I just had to share my wonderful b-day cake moment!!

My kids were up all night last night, laughing, talking (waking me up icon_mad.gif ). I just closed my bedroom door, thinking the four of them (all in their 20s, 2 still at home) happened by chance to meet at the house and lost track of time. I got up this morning, went straight to the kitchen to bust their chops about staying up all night and waking me. When I went into the kitchen, they were sitting around my island, and the cake they made me. They shouted Happy Birthday, surprising me because that was the reason they had stayed up all night, finishing a cake that they made me. My eldest baked on Tuesday, to hide the scent of cake, she purposely burned a bag of popcorn. She stayed away from the house for two days because her hands were stained from coloring the fondant black! She tricked me into giving her my BC recipe over the phone because she needed it for the cake SHE was making ME, not for the one I was making that she offered to help with. I had NO clue what they were up to icon_eek.gif !!

I was floored! The cake, a Guitar Hero game guitar, my eldest thought to make because shes got me hooked on the darn game. My younger DD made my fave band emblems to put on the cake. My DH made the strum bar and the buttons. My monster child, DS, cheered and encouraged the others as they put the cake together. Everyone signed it like they were the rock stars, they even included my GDs name! So, at 5:15 this morning, I had an impromptu b-day party with my kids, hubby and DDs BF. A classic and poignant moment I will always cherish. Yes, the tears did flow.

What dropped my jaw though was the cake! The girls have helped me in a pinch, know the basics of caking but they did me PROUD! Take a look at the cake they made me. DDs fondant was flawless! They even painted some of the emblems with silver & vodka! DD said she did dishes three times on Tuesday to hide the fact that she was caking. Thats MY girl(s)!
Thanks for listening!!

18 replies
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 19

That is awesome! That is the best present any mom can ask for. And Happy Birthday to you too!

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 19

Awww! What a sweet story. Is your picture in your gallery? I don't see it attached to your post.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 19

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

That is so sweet! Do you have a pic? It sounds too cute

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 19

Sorry about the photo, here is the link, it's in my photos now. Thery really did do a good job!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1363099

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 19

Excellent work for a bunch of newbies!!! Happy Birthday!

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 19

What a great cake - that is a great birthday surprise!

Happy Birthday

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:34pm
post #8 of 19

Wow! You are one lucky mom! Happy Birthday!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:56pm
post #9 of 19

That is so sweet! They really went to a lot of trouble to keep it quiet! That is just so cute!! Happy Birthday! The cake looks awesome btw!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #10 of 19

That's so sweet! Great cake!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #11 of 19

What an awsome suprise, I would have had tears flowing too. You must really be proud. Have a great birthday.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #12 of 19

that is one awesome cake! thumbs_up.gif

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:17pm
post #13 of 19

What a cool story.

Happy Birthday!

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 19

sweet and awesome story!!!! icon_smile.gif happy birthday!!!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:27pm
post #15 of 19

what a great family, happy birthday, they did a fantastic job on that cake!! i can't even do work like that! icon_smile.gif

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:43pm
post #16 of 19

Wow, what an amazing gift! You must be a great Mom for them to go to all that trouble. And they did a FANTASTIC job!! Happy birthday and congrats on such a loving family!

Melissa

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:16am
post #17 of 19

Wow! That is an awesome present! What great kids (and hubby) you have! Happy Birthday and may the whole rest of the year be as blessed.

khkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khkakes Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:51pm
post #18 of 19

I love your signature and the cake is wonderful.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:20pm
post #19 of 19

Totally Awesome! and Happy B-day to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%