Help! Colored Buttercream And Edible Image

Decorating By nesweetcake Updated 7 May 2009 , 11:24pm by sugarshack

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 8

I have a cake in neon green buttercream and I need to put a saying on the cake, I was planning on using an edible image. Will the green eventually come thru the image so it looks like black writing on the green cake. That is what I am trying to achieve. Any suggestions? Help. Thanks in advance!

7 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 8

I am pretty sure that the answer to your question is "no" and I don't have any other suggestions. I wonder if wafer/rice paper would disintegrate. Anyone know?

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 8

I did this once with a edible image of a photo on a pink cake & it made the photo look funny. It was a weird color. Now I only put the images on white. If you try it, let me know if it works for you!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 8

yes it will. put a super thin piece of fondant under your image and that should do it!

nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 8

I thought she wanted the frosting sheet to disappear into the cake leaving the black writing on the green cake. I have never had one dissolve. I always had some of the white from the frosting sheet left between the image and the cake. If she puts the fondant under it, then it won't dissolve at all will it?

sugarshack Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 8

correct; but like you said; it wont dissolve even if put right on BC. I misunderstood. i did not realize she was trying to do that. lol

nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 8

Do you know of a medium that will completely dissolve? Rice/Wafer or Potato Paper?

sugarshack Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 8

actually i do not, sorry.

maybe someone else does!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%