How To Make Gelatin Bows & Flowers

Decorating By justdi Updated 24 Jan 2017 , 12:26pm by CalaMom

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 11:50pm
post #871 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Have you seen the peacock feathers? OMG, I can't wait to make some of them, they're gorgeous!

Where? where? I want them. I need them. Really.

countrymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrymom Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 2:08am
post #872 of 887

Well I tried it out and I'm hoping that works. I poured it onto a silicone mat and and spread it out then let it set up for a minute and used a cookie cutter shaped like a butterfly to cut out a bunch of butterflies. Then I peeled away the extra. They are drying now, hope it works.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 1:59am
post #873 of 887

PM me and I will tell you where you can get the peacock gelatin mats if this is not posted. (I don't know if I am allowed to post the business here or not)

cakeconnection.com

Here is a pic of one of them:
LL

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 5:02am
post #874 of 887

Thank you, Loucinda! My head is spinning with ideas. I can't wait to get that peacock feather sheet. icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 2:23pm
post #875 of 887

There is a big sale going on for the gelatin stuff - pm me for where to get it! (25% off right now)

preeti22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preeti22 Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 5:07am
post #876 of 887

Thank you so much for posting instructions. Very excited about your book to come.You have inspired me to so new things.
michael coupons

preeti22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preeti22 Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 5:11am
post #877 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by preeti22

Thank you so much for posting instructions. Very excited about your book to come.You have inspired me to so new things.
michaels coupon

new2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
new2bake Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 9:50am
post #878 of 887

hi...i managed to read some of the pages...not all!! just want to sk how are the butterflies and flowers shaded in different colours? Is the colour not mixed in thoroughly to give it shades??? and also are the shapes cut by scissors or cookie cutters? thanku...am finally planning to make some!

new2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
new2bake Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 9:54am
post #879 of 887

hi...i managed to read some of the pages...not all!! just want to sk how are the butterflies and flowers shaded in different colours? Is the colour not mixed in thoroughly to give it shades??? and also are the shapes cut by scissors or cookie cutters? thanku...am finally planning to make some!

Grammi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Grammi Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 5:54pm
post #880 of 887

I wonder how the gelatin creations would hold up in humidity. Anyone know?

auroradove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auroradove Posted 15 May 2013 , 4:49am
post #881 of 887

Is there a way to do this without the texture sheets? Or something I can substitute for them? I am working on trying to make small dragonfly wings somehow for a cake I need to make this weekend and don't have time to order the texture sheets, and not sure that I can find them at local supply stores. Also will buttercream ruin the gelatin?

CakesbyJantine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyJantine Posted 19 Feb 2015 , 1:29pm
post #882 of 887

ABeautiful!

CalaMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalaMom Posted 19 Jan 2017 , 5:13pm
post #883 of 887

Good Afternoon! First off let me just say that I love everything you guys do on here!!! I haven't gone through all the pages yet, so maybe my answers will be there. But I was hoping to get your advice/experienced tips, if you would be so kind to help. I'm going to try to keep it short as I'm on break at the moment.

Im looking to make a loopy bow for my daughters cake on Saturday (she's wanting a Ms Pressy cake from Shopkins), so last weekend I played around with gumpaste and attempted my first try with making a loopy bow and came across THIS technique and thought it might be easier and cooler if I could figure out how to do it. I already have to redo the one bow tonight, since it ended up being too thick and heavy-and just didn't seem to look right. I actually found pink jello in my cupboard the other night too, however it's not sugar free. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if it HAS to be sugar free gelatin or would my newly found jello work?... I also have the Knox gelatin as well and gel food coloring not sure when to add the coloring to it though- do I add it to the water then mix or wait until its liquified? Also would it drying on wax paper work or is there something I could improvise with, It doesn't have to be textured although I think that'd look cool and more like ribbon. Any suggestions? And finally, how do I assemble it???? With the gumpaste, I just used toothpicks stuck into a little matching gumpaste ball. 

(I know this isn't the thread for a gumpaste loopy bows,but any tips on working that and making that look right/better would be fantastic!)

If someone could point me in the right direction, you all would be my heros!!! Thank you!!!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 19 Jan 2017 , 5:58pm
post #884 of 887

I don't use jello at all, since you have to add the Knox anyway, just use the Knox and water and food color.  It's easiest to add the food color to the water, but it really doesn't matter when you add it.  I do find pink gel food color doesn't always dissolve and leaves 'specks' of color.  Just paint it thinly onto an acetate sheet/ plastic page protector or any plastic texture mat (impression mat) and it will release when dry (several hours).  Cut into strips and assemble with a little warm gelatin (and I mean just a little or you'll dissolve your dry pieces).

CalaMom Posted 23 Jan 2017 , 5:07pm
post #885 of 887

I just wanted to say thank you again for all the help!!! The bow was a hit!!! My daughter kept asking to eat it lol. It turned out better than I thought it would. I wish I could figure out a way to attach a picture here, but until then I have it in my gallery if anyone wants to see it. Thanks again!!!! You guys are fantastic!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 23 Jan 2017 , 10:27pm
post #886 of 887

you can flavor the gelatin, with a diet soda instead of water and candy oil.  Next time  :)

CalaMom Posted 24 Jan 2017 , 12:26pm
post #887 of 887

Ooh... I'll have to try that

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%