Decorating By justdi Updated 24 Jan 2017 , 12:26pm by CalaMom

bubblywhitewine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblywhitewine Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 2:31am
post #841 of 887

That link works, Thank you!!

candacew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candacew Posted 16 May 2011 , 9:40pm
post #842 of 887

these are great...so going to try this out soon icon_smile.gif thanks!!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 May 2011 , 2:01am
post #843 of 887

Sooooo, who has done something new with this technique? Details, we want details!! icon_lol.gif

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 25 May 2011 , 6:14pm
post #844 of 887

I did the 'glass' on my beer mug. I liked the way it worked.

blueman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueman Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 2:51pm
post #845 of 887

Hi all, I've made it thru 23 pages, but haven't yet seen my question asked. I have read about humidity being a problem, so in that respect is there a problem with laying the completed gelatin flowers directly on top of a buttercream iced cake. The examples I've seen look like they are sitting on a fondant covered cake. I have to wonder if the gelatin would melt when it comes in contact with the buttercream.

bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 1:39pm
post #846 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman

Hi all, I've made it thru 23 pages, but haven't yet seen my question asked. I have read about humidity being a problem, so in that respect is there a problem with laying the completed gelatin flowers directly on top of a buttercream iced cake. The examples I've seen look like they are sitting on a fondant covered cake. I have to wonder if the gelatin would melt when it comes in contact with the buttercream.

I've never had that problem. However if it bothers you, place the flowers/butterflies on the cake just before serving and pull them off as you cut the cake -- no worries! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and by the way, I did an experiment, when I did my teal butterfly cake I made a few extra butterflies and put them in the frig for a week -- they came out just the same as the day they went in. No problemo! icon_lol.gif

konalm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
konalm Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 8:39am
post #847 of 887

hi i am new to this forum , if anybody can help me out a little let me know at my website which is http://kitchenaidprofefesional.com

steppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steppy Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:32pm
post #848 of 887

I have to say Thank-you and I LOVE this technique! I was looking for an alternative to blown sugar and here it is!
I have made gelatin balloons, and my best friend made this HUGE rainbow and hung a plane and a birthday banner from it. It is durable and lasts. We have fun playing and painting them and you can use any template! We found some stuff at the dollar store that you can just paint gelatin on and peel off once it dries. I hope to post pictures of some of the things we have tried. It does melt a little with icing contact. You can even use the edible spray paints on them, I used it on the balloons!
Neat stuff!

Many thanks for sharing!

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:17pm
post #849 of 887

blueman: I'm in Texas and even with our humidity my blue bow cake & butterflies are still doing great. Even after teaching a couple of classes on this technique and in/out of my car my dummy cake with the gelatin items is stil standing. I don't think you can hurt this stuff if you tried.

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 3:11pm
post #850 of 887

My 2 children (1yr and 2 yrs) who i refer to as my bosses will not allow me to read through all of these pages and i am looking for the link to purchase the sheets for the butterflies and flowers? Anyone have cliffnotes or can quickly inform me? Much appreciated and my kids appreciate it too! lol icon_smile.gif

nana2me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana2me Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 8:06pm
post #851 of 887

I read through all 57 pages on this sticky and all I can say is THANK YOU so much for all the help. I got up the courage to try to make a bow last night and so far is working wonderfully. I used my pampered chef cutting board because I am to impatiant to wait for pay-day so I could afford to go buy supplies. I had to make a second batch this morning to finish my bow but I wll post pictures of it when it is all done. Thank you again everyone!

And to purchase sheets go to www.cakeconnection.com.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:42am
post #852 of 887

Glad you got to play and it worked out great! That is one thing I love about this site, the sharing of the great information. Post some pics!

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 11:00am
post #853 of 887

Yes, post pix!! It's a fun technique to do!! icon_biggrin.gif

nana2me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana2me Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 6:24pm
post #854 of 887

For some reason I cannot get my pictures to attach icon_cry.gif

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 1:09am
post #855 of 887

Ok, after reading all 57 pages, I'm ready to try this!

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 1:41am
post #856 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTonyasCakes

Ok, after reading all 57 pages, I'm ready to try this!

Jump on in, the water's warm! icon_lol.gif

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #857 of 887

woaaa me too me too. want to try this. thanks

mahagon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahagon Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 6:08pm
post #858 of 887

Finally I have finished reading this topic.. and ready..
I ordered small part of supplies to make a bow, batterfly and flowers. Can't wait until it'll arrive to my home.
Wish me luck!

All yours. icon_biggrin.gif

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 6:10pm
post #859 of 887

I'm far from being an expert, I've only done this 3 times and am still working on getting it just right, but I did a demo on it at my cake club this week and everyone loved it!! We're all so excited about gelatin!! icon_lol.gif

Bri122005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bri122005 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 1:32pm
post #860 of 887

I've been trying to do some gelatin butterflies for a display cake. I don't have a texture sheet, so I've been using a candy mold I have. The shape, thickness of the wings are coming out fine, but I can't get the color/paint on them nice. I've read lots of this thread, but still can't fix my problem. Don't have any glitter or disco dust, so I'm just trying to use airbrush color painted on with a brush. It looks horrible. Can anyone give me any pointers? Thanks!

patticakes1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakes1959 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:10am
post #861 of 887

I would like the directions on how to make the butterflies and lilies.

TheRebecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheRebecca Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 10:02pm
post #862 of 887

Wow... that's just... amazing... you are very talented.

I can't wait to try this. Thank you so much for sharing.

pcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pcake Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 3:27pm
post #863 of 887

Hi any chance you'll be making this into a video. I'm still pretty new and I need vocal as well as visual instructions most of the time. Thanks icon_redface.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 4:17pm
post #864 of 887

You can write to Di at the Cake Connection and ask her. This is her technique.

SimplySensationalSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensationalSweets Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:20pm
post #865 of 887

these are amazing...I'm going to have to give them a try!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 8:53pm
post #866 of 887

Does anyone regularly use the sugar free Jello method or is the plain Knox gelatin so much easier to use that it's not worth making it taste good? I saw that some people mentioned using Koolaid but I wasn't sure how much success people had had with that. Honestly, I stopped reading after 30 pages so if this was answered somewhere between pages 31 and 57 I'm afraid I missed it!

Jessicakes831 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessicakes831 Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 5:30am
post #867 of 887

Wow these are beautiful!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 May 2012 , 4:21am
post #868 of 887

Have you seen the peacock feathers? OMG, I can't wait to make some of them, they're gorgeous!

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 May 2012 , 12:51am
post #869 of 887

I did!! I'm saving my pennies to get the new mats!! icon_biggrin.gif

countrymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrymom Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 9:56pm
post #870 of 887

I am new to all this and I was wondering if instead of using the butterfly sheets you could use a cookie cutter like a mold on a silicone mat? I don't need the details (veining) I just want the shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%