Do You Think....

Decorating By imamommy1205 Updated 7 May 2009 , 10:24pm by cylstrial

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 5

I can make a pipable icing with just powdered sugar and water? OR..I have a recipe for pourable cookie icing using corn syrup, water or milk, and PS. Could that be made to be pipable do you think?

I made RI butterfies for a bday cake and I am also bringing cupcakes for a little girl who is allergic to eggs and dairy. I will decorate them like the cake. I can always resort to piping the butterflies on the cupcakes, but i want to try to make them just like the RI butterflies so they stand up on the cupcakes.

I know I will have to experiment to see if I can make it happen...I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. TIA!

4 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 5

I've tried mixing sugar with water that I used for cookies, I just havn't tried piping it though. I've had a thick consistency of the said mixture but not too sure if it is strong enough.

Hope someone can help.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 5

Have you considered making the butterlies out of candy? melted hard candy or press out starburst like a dough and cut out butterflies

Not sure about the icing - sorry!

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 5

I made the one with corn syrup, water, and PS...then I thought about it and called...the little girl lis allergic to corn syrup...glad i called! So I went with just PS and water. So far soo good, we will see how they dry.

The candy was a good idea as well...but starbursts have corn syrup in them anyway haha.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 5

Wow! That would be hard to make something for someone that is allergic to a lot of things. I'm glad that it's working so far. Definitely let us know how it turns out! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%