I Know This Sounds Petty

Decorating By erinalicia Updated 8 May 2009 , 2:58am by Brownie1954

erinalicia Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 17

but please, please, please ROTATE your pictures before you add them to the galleries. I see some amazing pictures of cakes on there and I don't even bother looking at the ones that are sideways.

It is very easy to rotate a picture. When you upload them, in most photo software there are "rotate" buttons. I believe there's even a new feature to the galleries here that allows you to turn the pictures right side up.

Like I said, it may sound petty, but it's just a pet peeve. I don't like having to tilt my head to look at a picture and I can't really focus on the details because it's just distracting.

I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way. I don't want to stir up anything either, just a suggestion.

16 replies
Kimmers971 Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 17

I agree - it drives me nuts too icon_confused.gif

erinalicia Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 17

lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe it's just PMS- I didn't want to upset anyone but I was looking through the gallery and it just really frustrated me this morning.

Cakepro Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 17

One of my cakes was in the homepage slideshow the other day, and it came across in the little thumbnails as sideways, but in the big slideshow screen as well as in the gallery as rightside-up.

I haven't rotated any pictures, so perhaps it's a glitch.

KathysCC Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 17

As you all know, members can now do this themselves using the rotate button that Jackie has added.

I try to rotate any that I find that have been missed by the members as they upload so usually they should all be correct within a couple of days.

Brownie1954 Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 17

I hope it's ok that I ask this question on here, since it's about pictures. I have gone to the "HELP" area, and thought I found the answer I needed, but I am don't know what to do. Since this site has been worked on, every page I go to, shows everything is messed up, post are half covered, not in it's place, so I can't see to read the answer. At any rate...How do I find a person's photos if I want to see one from them? There is the neatest cake on the homepage now that I would love to put in my favs, (when the old homepage was up, I knew how to do it) I read where people are alway looking up another person's gallery of pics, and please, I would like to know how to. Thank you!

KathysCC Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie1954

I hope it's ok that I ask this question on here, since it's about pictures. I have gone to the "HELP" area, and thought I found the answer I needed, but I am don't know what to do. Since this site has been worked on, every page I go to, shows everything is messed up, post are half covered, not in it's place, so I can't see to read the answer. At any rate...How do I find a person's photos if I want to see one from them? There is the neatest cake on the homepage now that I would love to put in my favs, (when the old homepage was up, I knew how to do it) I read where people are alway looking up another person's gallery of pics, and please, I would like to know how to. Thank you!

If you see a thumbnail on the homepage that you wish to see then you should be able to just click on it and see the picture.

If you want to go to a particular member's gallery, this is what I do. Go click on "forums" on the tabs at the top of the screen. You will then see some white words. Click on "memberlist" and then you can type in the member you are looking for and search for them.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more help.

Brownie1954 Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:55pm
post #8 of 17

Thank you! I will try this!

Brownie1954 Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:02pm
post #9 of 17

Thank you KathysCC...It worked!

__Jamie__ Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:04pm
post #10 of 17

What? People actually load a pic before editing it? I thought everyone knew to go to Picnik first....ok, maybe it's just me.

erinalicia Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:52pm
post #11 of 17

lol, Jamie! I always edit my pictures before I upload them. I try to crop out all the extra stuff and fix the color or brightness if it looks dark or off.

I guess it's just that I've been around computers it seems like forever since my husband works on them, I forget that there are people out there who are completely computer illiterate. No offense to them, it's just odd to me. My mom and mother-in-law are that way. We're forever getting calls to fix their computers, and my MIL lives 1200 miles away!

__Jamie__ Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:56pm
post #12 of 17

I love Picnik...I like adding a little border, and cropping....oh yes, crop crop crop, I do that everytime for sure!

7yyrt Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:10am
post #13 of 17

Brownie1954,
You can click 'profile' at the bottom of any post, then : 'View All Photos By'
And their gallery page will show up.

BabeyCakey Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:11am
post #14 of 17

OK - I'm guilty of this lol. What is Picnik? I finally uploaded some pics to CC...and looking at them, they're blurry...have my baking chaos in the background...and need to be rotated!

__Jamie__ Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:02am
post #15 of 17

www.picnik.com

And I suggest moving your cake to a clean uncluttered location to take a pic of it. A nice sheet draped over something will put all the focus on your cake, and not tools and clutter in the back ground. Snap a bunch of pics, pick the ones you like best, upload to Picnik, and from there you can crop, resize, sharpen, add watermarks, you name it...and it's FREE!

BabeyCakey Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #16 of 17

Thanks for the info.

Brownie1954 Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #17 of 17

Thanks 7yyrt! I will try that...I love the way everyone is so willing to help one another on this site...And...I am really bad at computers icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%