Faq For My Website

Business By DecorateMe Updated 10 May 2009 , 7:39am by en-passant

DecorateMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecorateMe Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:15am
post #1 of 17

Hi All,

I was sure I read a post about suggested FAQ for a website, but I can't find it?

I am redoing my website and will have FAQ and pricing.
Any suggestions for FAQ? Or does someone have a list from their website that they don't mind me editing? I just need a start icon_smile.gif

Thanks

16 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 17

Where are you located? (never mind that it is on the Navigation bar icon_confused.gif )
What are your hours?
How much notice do you need for an order?
Do you make sheet cakes for weddings?
Do you sell supplies?

These are just a few that I get asked regularly. Hope they help!

crazycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycaker Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 17

What are your most popular flavors? (List the top 5 in order of preference)
How do I come up with a design for my cake?
Do you teach classes?

Also, "answer" a question that you specialize in or hope to promote, like, "Do you do organic baking?" etc.

Hope this helps!

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 17

I have a F.A.Q. page on my site, you are welcome to take a look and adapt it to what you need.

DecorateMe Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 17

Thanks - that's a great start icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 17

Your website is really cute! I love your color scheme!

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 17

Great website!!!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfao

I have a F.A.Q. page on my site, you are welcome to take a look and adapt it to what you need.

I really, really love your website. Its very organized and very easy to navigate. The wall of shame is just priceless.

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:50pm
post #9 of 17

You can check out my FAQ too if you want... link below

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:57pm
post #10 of 17

I love your website also, and your slogan "Because dessert just can't be thin..."..you gotta love it.

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:59pm
post #11 of 17

Thanks. Friend helped out with the slogan... everything I came up with sounded "dirty"

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 17

Thanks everyone on the look of my website, it is through geocities by Yahoo and was really easy to set up. I know hardly anything about computers and you basically add pages as needed, add text and everything else is done for you. Most people - especially the couples that come in really like the idea of the wall of shame. You never know who you may know that you would be really surprised if every business had one and you found out who bounces checks & never makes good on them. I have had many MOB hand me their check and say "I can assure you this one won't make it to the wall of shame".

When I had just graduated high school, I worked as a check out clerk at a department store and if someone bounced a check on them, they would make copies of that check and tape it to each register with a note on it, do not accept a check from this person. The checks were never up very long before they were made good by the person who passed them, it got back to them very quickly since evryone who went through a check out could see the check.

crazycaker Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:01pm
post #13 of 17

Hi Sharon (DecorateMe):

Are you affiliated with the website YeahBaby?

I checked out your website...and the 3 tiered pink cake you have also appears on the YeahBaby website. Here's the two images:

yours: http://www.israelcakes.com/photos.html

YeahBaby: http://baby-shower.yeahbaby.com/theme.php?page=pretty-in-pink-baby-shower

Hmmm....they seem to be chopped from one photo -- the reason I noticed is I was handed the image from Yeah Baby to do a cake this past weekend.

The brown edge on the base/cake board is be the same...so looks like someone borrowed the photo! icon_rolleyes.gif
LL
LL

DecorateMe Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:59am
post #14 of 17

Hello Crazy Caker,

When I first built my website I did not have many fancy cakes so I used stock images of cakes that I could do and then the gallery is cakes that I have done. The photo was purchased from www.istockphoto.com and is perfectly legal!
I have never tried to pass the cake off as my own, when someone asks for that cake I always say "that is not a cake that I have done, but I can make it..." The same is true for the home page.

Part of my redo of my website is to change my graphics so that all the cakes are mine, as I now have enough cakes to do so.

Yeahbaby also does not claim the cake as their own, they must have bought it (legally!) through a similar site.

There might be a debate as to whether or not one should use stock photos, but I feel that as long as the customer doesn't think you've made it when they ask, there is nothing wrong. Also the cakes in the gallery are all mine. All restaurants and brochures use stock photos (this according to mu graphic designer)

Thanks for the compliments on my site, the new graphics should be uploaded soon, I will update.

Thanks
Sharon

crazycaker Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:53am
post #15 of 17

No problem, Sharon (Decorate Me):

I just figured that YeahBaby was using your work (either with permission or not). I knew it was from there right away, in fact the photo the client had given me was still sitting on my desk!

Good to know that there is a reasonable explanation. thumbs_up.gif

Your website looks great! icon_smile.gif

crazycaker

DecorateMe Posted 10 May 2009 , 7:03am
post #16 of 17

Thanks icon_smile.gif

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 10 May 2009 , 7:39am
post #17 of 17

baruch haba!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%