Pudding In Cake Mixes

Decorating By ilucy Updated 7 May 2009 , 10:32pm by bobwonderbuns

ilucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilucy Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:58am
post #1 of 13

I been looking at the recipes for cakes and there are some that says 1/2 of a box of pudding mix
does that mean the small or the large box of pudding mix and is it instint or cook type ?

icon_confused.gif

Thanks

12 replies
sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:58am
post #2 of 13

I think in general that's the small boxes.

Puppylove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Puppylove Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:09am
post #3 of 13

In my experience it has been the INSTANT pudding mix. It works really well to add both moisture and the weight you need for stacking and carving cakes. icon_smile.gif

sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:13am
post #4 of 13

Yes, the instant type. I missed that your typing instint was meant to be instant. I thought you were trying to type INSTINCT or cook type (meaning chef) and I just got confused and didn't understand the last part of your post! I get it now. icon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:20am
post #5 of 13

...and sugar-free tends to work better for me. Less "sticky" on top of the baked cake.

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:51am
post #6 of 13

Macsmom: I use your cake mix fix recipe all the time. I appreciate you sharing. However, I always have to go with French Vanilla rather than cheesecake pudding because I can't find it in anything other than sugar-free. But you're saying this is actually better than the regular? I've been searching everywhere for regular cheesecake. I can't wait to try it now. Just so you know, I get more requests for this cake than any other. Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

PiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiePie Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:58am
post #7 of 13

Macsmom, what is your recipe?

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 13

i wondered the same thing about the sugar free pudding.i have been wanting to try the white choc., but it only comes in sugar free. didnt know if it gave the cake a different taste or not?

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BREN28

i wondered the same thing about the sugar free pudding.i have been wanting to try the white choc., but it only comes in sugar free. didnt know if it gave the cake a different taste or not?

The white chocolate is my favorite in cakes because it leaves no yellow or orange specks behind like vanilla can.

Several of us have banded together and come up with a ton of variations of the WASC recipe ("cake mix fix"). Nobody better steal my idea of publishing a "WASC Doctor" cookbook! LOL.

The link to the recipes is in my signature line...
The link to the Gourmet thread is
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6376833#6376833
If you want to start reading through the pages and then return where you left off, just save the link in the url. When you want to resume reading, copy/paste the link - unless you saved it to your computer's favs icon_rolleyes.gif .

ilucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilucy Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:51pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks everyone that will help and sorry for the missed spell of instant I was in a hurry!!!

PiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiePie Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:21pm
post #11 of 13

I tried pudding in my cake for the first time the other week. I liked how dense it was but do you find that it raises the cake much higher? Should I be using 3 inch pans versus 2 inch pans. It raised 1/2 inch above my 2 inch pan (didn't flow over and was nice and even).

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #12 of 13

I always use instant pudding and just the small box. =o)

MacsMom -- I love your Orange Dreamsicle recipe! It was delicious and so moist!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:32pm
post #13 of 13

Check the link in my signature, it has a link to all the recipe threads (all in one place!) icon_biggrin.gif Many of those recipes call for pudding in the mixes as well -- small box of instant pudding sifted in with the dry ingredients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%