I Need Help With This Order Please.

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 8 May 2009 , 2:29pm by sadsmile

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:28am
post #1 of 7

I recieved this email for a babyshower cake. Not even sure where to begin. I think its alot of flavors going on... I've only done chocolate and WASC icon_sad.gif Never done ganache even though I wanted to practice this week. The design I think is simple... Can anyone give me any tips or good recipes? And maybe even a price.

"I was wondering if i could do three cake blocks of cakes that just has a B O Y thing on the front. Butter cream and vanilla cake with choc ganauche and rasberry filling for 35 people."

Thanks so much in advance for any help! icon_rolleyes.gif

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:51am
post #2 of 7

Hi there, didn't the person tell what she wants or is the design totaly up to you? To feed 35 people, you need to do a 9" sqaure cake. That is according to the serving chart that I follow.

If you are going to do 3 different cakes for the baby blocks, you can make three 6" sqaure cakes, which will give you 14 portions per cake.

You can do one chocolate cake with ganach and chocolate buttercream mix. Or if you are more comfortable with just chocolate buttercream, use that. The other one you can do is WASC cake with a filling that you use mostly. The next one you can do a white cake with raspberry filling. Not sure whether the WASC and the White cake are same or not. Don't do them at all. If they are same, make a buttercake/Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream filling.

If you want to try the ganache, use cream and chocolate in 1:2 ratio ( that is what I do). Here is a link which will help you. She uses ganache to pour over the cake,

http://daisylanecakes.blogspot.com/search/label/ganache

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Creative_chika Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much for answering... Do you know about how much I should charge? For the 3 different baby blocks with 3 6" square cakes?

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:38am
post #4 of 7

I'm so sorry. I don't know to price in dollars. icon_sad.gif

Creative_chika Posted 8 May 2009 , 10:58am
post #5 of 7

Its fine. Thanks for answering though.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 7

creative, charge what you normally would per serving, but maybe do an upcharge for the ganache as the chocolate and heavy cream are expensive.
hth

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 7

Sounds great! I would also add an up charge for the decorating. There are five sides on each block to decorate and I am guessing fondant accents..? Play with your colors to get the right shades of pastels: blues, greens, yellow and purple instead of pink? Find some pics of baby blocks on-line and copy what you like for the design.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%