Where In The World?!

Decorating By ExcitedNewbie Updated 7 May 2009 , 5:25pm by ExcitedNewbie

ExcitedNewbie Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:29am
post #1 of 5

There are many recipes calling for ingredients that I have know idea where to find. Dried Egg Albumen? CMC? Gum Tragacanth? icon_confused.gif

Any help you can be on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ever so much!!! icon_biggrin.gif


4 replies
tirechic Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:32am
post #2 of 5

Yeah, im with you! What is creme or wedding bouquet extract, and what is tylose, is that gun tex? Hope this gives u a bump.

patticakesnc Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:45am
post #3 of 5

Dried Egg Albumen: I believe that is the same as meringue powder
GUM-TRAGACANTH: http://www.pastrychef.com/GUM-TRAGACANTH_p_1508.html
Gumtex: Wilton makes Gumtex. You use it with fondant to make it like gumpaste I do believe.
Tylose: You use it in making gumpaste as well. Nicholas Lodge sells it in the online store.
Not sure what CMC is.

patticakesnc Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:57am
post #4 of 5

CMC, tylose or gum tragacanth are apparently the same type of thing. I just found it on Yahoo answers.

ExcitedNewbie Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you patticakesnc and tirechic! icon_biggrin.gif Your help is very much appreciated!


Quote by @%username% on %date%