Not Even A Newby ,yet!

Decorating By pyjamagirl Updated 6 May 2009 , 10:11pm by Criola

pyjamagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyjamagirl Posted 6 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,
I have been admiring all your lovely cakes here & wanted to know where to start?
I have made some delicious cakes & cupcakes recently as I have only just discovered I do have a knack for baking, only thing is they taste great but look dull & boring.I want them to look as delicious as they taste.

So the question is where to start?Do I do a beginners class or do I start with a specialty class ie:-
chocolate decorations-
flower making(beginners)
decorating biscuits
decorating designer cupcakes
I guess at the moment my aim would be just to decorate my cupcakes, then see if I have a knack for it or am I all thumbs.
any help & advice would be great, many thanks
Chris

3 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 4

I never had any classes. I just watched youtube videos and learn here from cake central.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 4

If you are in the U.S.....I suggest you start by taking the Wilton basic cake decorating classes at some place like Micheal's, Hobby Lobby or a local cake supply shop.

I get the impression you might be in the UK..... sorry but can't help there. As little as I know about UK it seems classes are offered in long semesters - usually at a cake supply shop or university?

Criola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Criola Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 4

I'm with RylanTy...Cakecentral and youtube...although I just started taking Wilton classes and I've learned a few things that I did not know; like the cool tricks of the trade =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%