How Much Would You Charge?

Lounge By abruntz Updated 7 May 2009 , 2:44pm by bobwonderbuns

abruntz Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 9

Ok so I am clueless when it comes to pricing out chocolate. I was hoping you would all help me out. This bride wants to do a chocolate dessert bar. Below I have attached some of the Wilton dessert ideas that she has.

Thanks for your help in advance.
LL

8 replies
nonnyscakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 9

A lot! Oops! Sorry, that probably wasn't very helpful. I don't do much in the way of chocolate either, but I know I wouldn't do that cheap. I would say at least $2 or $3 per serving maybe more depending on the cost of ingredients and size of your serving cups.

confectioneista Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:03am
post #3 of 9

I agree with charging $2 to $3/each. Those look like chocolate molded cups with mousse in them, so it's not cheap to make (ingredients or time-wise). Whenever you're dealing with hors d'oeuvres like that, the cost goes up because of the individual attention for each item.

Katie-Bug Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:44am
post #4 of 9

Depending on how many she's wanting, it be easier for you to buy the cups. You can just do a search for chocolate cups and find several, be sure to check around..I found some for like $3.00 a box. thumbs_up.gif

charlene008 Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with buying the cups premade, it will save you alot of time and headache. I have seen them in stores (SuperTarget) and they even have different shapes in the boxes, which will add more designs to your table.
Good luck! icon_smile.gif

snowflake12 Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 9

I agree with buying the cups premade. If you have a cake/candy supply store near you, they may have them. Save yourself alot of headache. I'd go with at least $2 a serving.

-K8memphis Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:05pm
post #7 of 9

So dessert bars like this are often priced by the person, like you figure each person will have 3-4 pieces or whatever and it's $15.95 per person or more with or without a chocolate fountain. This is extra fancy work and it should not be low balled.

This is not Lord have mercy pricing--this is kaching kaching kaching pricing.

I don't care how many people in her family are laid off. I don't care how it is in your area. If nobody will pay that in your area then don't sell it. If she wants individually made chocolates for a dessert bar then it's up to you to get the right price.

The right price would be high.

This ain't the time to timidly say, "Oh dear oh dear did I ask too much??"

icon_biggrin.gif

Not that you did say that--I've just heard it so many times I wanted to be sure we were on the same page.

nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:39pm
post #8 of 9

Amen!!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:44pm
post #9 of 9

When pricing chocolate the rule of thumb is to multiply the cost of ingredients by 4. Multiplying by 3 will cover your cost of ingredients and the last part is your personal work effort.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%