Kitchenaid Buyer's Remorse?

Decorating By SweetHobby Updated 7 May 2009 , 8:00pm by gimmeabreak

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #31 of 39

I've had mine for a little more than a year now. It's working perfectly.

I've seen replacement attachments at Target.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:27am
post #32 of 39

I adore my KA. I couldn't imagine baking without it. I've had mine for almost 3 years and it still runs like brand new.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:27am
post #33 of 39

I love mine!

Marissaisabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marissaisabel Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:45am
post #34 of 39

I can't live with out mine. I have had it for our five years and has never given me a a problem. But, I can see why you are concerned after reading all of those reviews

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:40pm
post #35 of 39

They might have some issues, but I have 5 kitchenaids (yes that's right) and I just bought a cuisinart, and I prefer the Kitchenaids for most thing.

Remember that people who want to complain are more likely to take the time to go online and post something that the people who are happy with something, so sometimes reviews online are skewed toward the negative.

SweetHobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetHobby Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #36 of 39

Thanks for your thoughts everybody. icon_smile.gif

I think part of the problem is that apparently the KA of today and the KA of our mothers are very different....so a lot of people buy a mixer expecting it to be made like their mom's/aunt's whatever and maybe now they aren't. Apparently they used to be made by Hobart and now they are made by Whirlpool. So part of the issue may depend on if you have a "Hobart" KA or a WP KA.

The main thing that concerns me is the complaints about the customer service being rude and unhelpful. That and the fact that there is obviously a problem with this oil/sludge getting in to food and they aren't doing anything to fix it. That makes me question how much the KA of today cares about their customers.

I do think I am going to keep this mixer because it's beautiful and I love it and I've been dying for one for YEARS but something else was always more important. I'm going to use the heck out of it for the next six months, although apparently if I want to know about the oil problem I need to NOT use it, lol. It's all a crapshoot....maybe I got a lemon (especially since it's a refurb) but maybe I didn't. For $240 I'll take my chances. Did I mention it's purty??? icon_biggrin.gif

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #37 of 39

I have it I was expecting a more powerful version of my other KA well I did have problems

I had the black the first few times... but it has stopped I did find you never soak the beater in water or it will leave your frosting grey also never put in the dishwaher like I do the coated paddle from the smaller one.

I had problems with the speed switch sticking dh took it apart and greased it and now it works great

The noise bothered me but he pointed out on tv the other big boys making the same noise

It is bigger and more powerful but my little guy that I had planned to pass on I still use also Was it a wise choice? yes it was a deal but it does not fit under my cabinets on the counter so we put a mixer lift in one of the cabinets.
I thought I broke my little one years ago but BIL lives in Kansas City so I saved the shipping and had them look at it $25 I had burned out the brushes... a $1 repair we could have saved $25 if we knew anything about them.

e rose sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e rose sweets Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:21pm
post #38 of 39

I just want to say for the record although I had a issue with my KA, I would but another refurbished today. As I stated before you take your chances with anything you buy and hope for the best. When I ordered mine I was unsure also and asked other members on this site what they thought but the final decision was mine and I wanted that KA so bad that if they had been negative I probably still would have made the purchase so I really can't say anything negative except I hope they can assist me with my problem so I don't have to buy another KA right now!!!!

gimmeabreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gimmeabreak Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #39 of 39

I've had my KC for about 16 years now. I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING!!!!! and I use it alot. Especially around the holidays. I'll run it all day long and it doesn't quit. No oil on food, nothing. I say keep it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%