How Do I Stop Feeling Overwhelmed! ??? About Mff... Fridge?

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 6 May 2009 , 9:34pm by sadsmile

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 8

We did just move so a new kitchen with less counter space doesn't help. There is room for a table but we haven't gotten that far yet. sigh-

My family is having a Mother's Day Lunch. My Aunts, my Mom and my Nanny(Grandma)and this may be her last Mother's Day are all going to be there. I was asked to bring cake. I love the idea! I came up with a hat box. I have a few things done but am working on the sugar flowers right now. AND I CAN"T SEEM TO GET ENOUGH DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER!
I am feeling the pressure! I am way behind on my schedule which may have been unrealistic for new things. I know I bit off too much new stuff! That is what is taking all the time. Not to mention my almost two year old is getting into everything and needs me a lot. We moved here for my hubby's job and now he can be home with us every night instead of every weekend. but now I really have to cook real dinners and keep things tidy.

I just need to go into a cake coma and get some more of this done!
Add to this we just found out my Uncle is dying of cancer and has only a couple months and my mom unloading her grief on my with an appology for something horribly horrendous she didn't help me with when I was young that just thinking about it all almost sends me into a manic depressed state. I have to keep that boxed to get throught my days -ya know. She can't just drop a bomb like that and open MY BOX!

I need to get more done! I need three of me!

OK MY MFF ?
I just made my first batch and I am in love! But I live in HOT & STICKY FLORIDA! And the weather just turned hotter. I have to drive a ways to get the cake and all of us to the Lunch party. Should I refridgerate the finished cake? Will it sweat? Condesation beeds? Melting? Or Should I crank the AC in the house to 70' -freeze us all for the love of cake so I can leave it out?

7 replies
delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 8

Just wanted to give you a cyber hug. Take one flower at a time...one day at a time.

Delia

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 8

Hi, I wish I could be of more help. I live in GA and know the difficulty of working with MMF. I've been using a recipe I got from The Well-Decorated Cake instead of MMF. It contains unflavored gelating and glycerine but still tastes good. I add some gum-tex to make it hold up better when making flowers but it still takes several days for them to dry and not break or stretch.

I'll be praying for you and trusting the Lord will give you strength, energy, wisdom and patience to get it all done.
Elaine

sadsmile Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks! I really do need the hugs! Your cyber hugs and well wishes mean alot to me. I am also going through phone talking withdrawl..LOL My phone buddy just got a J O B and can't talk to me half the day like she could before..LOL
I am making my flowers from gumpatse so it's working right just sloe going. i keep having this feeling like I am not going to finish. Hubby want's to go out to dinner on Friday when my mom comes to stay with us but I think I will still have too much to do. i have to have the cake finished on Sat Night because i have four kidoes plus me to get ready on Sunday Morning before we go.

My MFF question is abouit Michelle Foster's Fondant not MMF(Marshmellow Fondant) and refridgeration. I just don't want to have a disaster. I don't think at this point I could take it..LOL

Ok And I have to squeel on myself. I am having a guilt trip too. Last month my camera broke due to a few light slams my kids put it through. So i bought a new camera and spent more money than I have in our checking. Sure we have a minute savings and overdraft protection so it's not too bad. But Hubby is gonna kill me. EEK! Feels a little better to get that off my chest. I need a cam! And we were going to get one soon just not this week or even next. Yikes! I have to learn how to work the silly contraption too! I have to take pics of this cake and all the stuff and the kids never stop growing.

nona62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nona62 Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 8

I live in Florida also and even with this heat I have not had a problem with MMF, I do not put my cakes in the fridge, my air is set at 77 and I've had no melting ....

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 8

Hi again- I live in hot and humid Florida too and have put Michelle Foster's Fabulous Fondant into the fridge with no problems. I didn't touch it when I took it out to come to room temp.

Hope that helps.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 6 May 2009 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 8

I have put MFF in the fridge and taken it out and put it back in..... it never seems to have any problems. I don't live anywhere near hot and humid though. HTH!!

sadsmile Posted 6 May 2009 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 8

thanks guys keep your info coming...
the reason i want to fridge it is to keep the cake cool and firm for travel as well as everyone here like cool cake to eat not room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%