Wasc Baking Problems

Decorating By shorty56 Updated 6 May 2009 , 5:11pm by mommicakes

shorty56 Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 2

i have recently started using WASC recipe, and i love it, it works great in small amounts. but i'm having problems when i try to bake it in large amounts. some of the time, but not always, the cake will turn out dense and kinda gummy. i assumed the problem was my 20 qrt mixer was too powerful for it and it was developing gluten. so i attempted to get around that. I tried putting the eggs and sour cream in my little mixer and mixing them till smooth, then i stirred that mixture, the water, and oil into the dry ingredients by hand. well, i just did this (while making 3 batches at once) and i poured it into a 12" round pan, an 11" square pan, two 5" round pans, four 3" rounds (i use these for bridal tastings). the 5" and 3" cakes came out perfect, but my large tiers are still gummy and dense. is it possible that i opened the oven too soon to pull out the little cakes? but i do that all the time with my chocolate and red velvet cake recipes and they're fine.

PLEASE, does anyone have any help for me? i'm about to scream!!

1 reply
mommicakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 2

I don't have any answers for you, but just wanted to say that I too am having a difficult time with my larger sizes. I must be doing something wrong too. icon_cry.gif I'll be watching for answers too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%