Watkins Vanilla

Business By notjustcake Updated 17 May 2009 , 5:35pm by Win

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 6 May 2009 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 14

Hi everybody just wondering where you all buy Watkins vanilla, I finally ran out of my huge bottle of Mexican vanilla (yes it is the safe one) so since I'm waiting for my Aunt to come back from Mexico I'd like to ordersome Watkins vanilla, and don't know from where and who is the cheapest.

Patty

13 replies
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 6 May 2009 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 14

Walmart!

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 14

You can order it right off the website

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 14

What do you mean "the safe one" from Mexico? I went recently and purchased some Totonag's in Cozumel. It says it is pure vanilla. Do you know anything about it?

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 14

Walmart. (Do they have an "Easy" button? icon_lol.gif )

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margieluvstobake

What do you mean "the safe one" from Mexico? I went recently and purchased some Totonag's in Cozumel. It says it is pure vanilla. Do you know anything about it?

You have to be very careful about the vanilla you buy from Mexico. A lot of it says it's pure vanilla, but when it's tested it turns out that it's not. If it's super cheap and seems too good to be true (even by Mexico pricing standards), it probably isn't pure.

Ruth0209 Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 14

Totonac's is probably pure because it's imported into the U.S. through an Arizona company, so it has to meet U.S. FDA standards.

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #8 of 14

Thanks for that info Ruth. I have been buying Totonoc's every time I go to Cozumel, and it is really good, but it is also really inexpensive - compared to how much I have to pay here for real vanilla.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #9 of 14

I was thinking more like a larger bottle I have never seen Watkin's Vanilla at Walmart

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #10 of 14

In my area (New Orleans) they only sell Watkins vanilla at WalMart Supercenter - not at the regular WalMart

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #11 of 14

This will sound really odd but the only place that carries it in my area is the Do It Best hardware store. Don't know if you have those in your area or not. I've never used it so I can't comment on that one.

Ruth0209 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:58pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

This will sound really odd but the only place that carries it in my area is the Do It Best hardware store. Don't know if you have those in your area or not. I've never used it so I can't comment on that one.

That IS an odd place to find vanilla, isn't it? You wouldn't think they'd get enough traffic for it to want to stock it. Huh...

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 17 May 2009 , 5:28pm
post #13 of 14

it's not watkins, but i bought a bunch of small bottles of vanilla at aldi's....about a dollar on ounce...the brand was spice club.

it was really great tasting....no big bottles....but the taste was great, and i didn't think it as that much trouble opening a bunch of little 2 ounce bottles....i'm making a special stop there each week just for that.

the white chocolate chips were good from there too...who knew?

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 17 May 2009 , 5:35pm
post #14 of 14

I buy Aldi vanilla all the time. It is great and very economical. Also, someone mentioned that they could only find Watkins in their Super Walmart, but I can get it at my regular Walmart Market... must be up to each store as to what they stock. Another idea is local Flea Markets. Mine always has a Watkins vendor set-up and selling all their products.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%