Wilton Frosting Tub

Decorating By wendydou Updated 6 May 2009 , 1:34pm by Win

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 4

has anyone used the tub Wilton frosting (white) and added to it to make it taste better?? I have two big cakes coming up and I was thinking about cheating on one of them and using the tub stuff.. but not everyone likes that.. has anyone doctored it with success??

3 replies
kwineinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwineinger Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry, I have never had any luck doctoring it up. For me it is better to bite the bullet and make icing.

sahrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sahrow Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 4

... or if you have a samsclub membership, go buy their icing in the bakery dept. It doesn't taste bad, but it's not as good as homemade. I would do this in a pinch.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 4

When I first started and needed the quick frosting, I would use the Wilton tub. Honestly, I didn't think it tasted too bad even without doctoring. I'm not sure how I would feel now, but back then, I only had the other Wilton recipe as my alternative buttercream. Now I use Indydebi's or Earlene's Cream Cheese buttercream. That being said, I'm sure you could add a bit of almond, and clear vanilla to provide a little umph to the tub. That, or buy a tub of Sam's. I've never had it, but others on here say it is good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%