Gelatin Loopy Bow Pic

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 9 May 2009 , 10:32pm by Loucinda

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:14am
post #31 of 46

GramaJ - she does have the impression mats for the bows, several different textures. I have yet to try the flowers - it is on my list for tomorrow!

Thank you everyone again for the nice comments on my bow, I am so glad it is a hit! I hope Diane will be excited that there are so many people wanting to see how this is done! I can't wait for her book to be out to add to my collection.

This is one of the things that I really enjoyed doing, and the result is really a beautiful piece.

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:22am
post #32 of 46

Thanks for sharing! Your bow looks great!

Martina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Martina Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:07am
post #33 of 46

Thanks for sharing. Gorgeous bow!

Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #34 of 46

I just talked to Diane (the one who's technique this is) She said she will get on this morning and make a post about the bows!!! YEAH!!!!!

And again, thank you to all of you who made requests for the technique, for being so patient.

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:23pm
post #35 of 46

Yeah!!!!! Thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:15pm
post #36 of 46

Post the link when she post it here pls.. I wont be around today and I dont want to miss it!
Edna icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:20pm
post #37 of 46

Thanks for reminding me of this--I love this technique!! you can use it to make all sort of swirls and twirls to decorate cakes and showpieces. We did a little playing around with it in culinary school (we used acetate sheets and strips to form the gelatin decorations on). You can even pipe gelatin designs and accents. I know I have the measurements for the gelatin written down somewhere at home... I'll have to dig them out and play around with it some more!

pinktea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktea Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:27pm
post #38 of 46

PinkZiab , please dig up those instructions icon_cry.gif

In the meantime, I will wait for her book, sound exciting !!!!

Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #39 of 46

Di has posted the info on HOW TO DO THE BOW! Here is the link to it:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6376778.html#6376778

Thank you so much to Diane and to all of you who asked for the info! (now Di, get back to the book so we can get it this summer!!) icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:20pm
post #40 of 46

OK....I have just finished the list of my pm's of requests....now I am working my way down the list on the pic - it may take me awhile, I promised I would let those who asked know when the directions are posted and I am a woman of my word! (I just didn't know there would be THAT many who wanted the info!!) icon_eek.gif

Again - JustDi has posted the directions in the HOW DO I section!

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:26pm
post #41 of 46

Thanks Loucinda! Anxious to try it out now..... thumbs_up.gif

wolken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolken Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:36pm
post #42 of 46

please, me, me, me toooo Loucinda, thanks

Loucinda Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #43 of 46

I keep bringing this to the top because there are folks that are not seeing that I have posted where the instructions are!

here is the link on the "HOW DO I" for how to do the gelatin bows

TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:29am
post #44 of 46

Hey... we must have been in class together! icon_smile.gif I played with my stuff this past weekend. I LOVE this stuff!

TammyH

Loucinda Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:12pm
post #45 of 46

I was at the DOS - and was so glad I got to see this techinique done in person. I couldn't make it to her class - I had to work. icon_sad.gif I REALLY paid attention while they were doing the demo though! I would not hesitate for a second to take Di's class if I get the opportunity again. She did a wonderful job showing us how to do this (and Michaelle Stidham also)

I am still working on the flowers - just started playing with those yesterday!

Loucinda Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:32pm
post #46 of 46

OK - I have been working my way down the list of folks who asked for instructions on the bow - I have been working on the list (a looong one!) since Diane posted the instructions. I got on today to pm some more on there, and it won't let me. icon_cry.gif It is giving me an error code.

So.....I hope folks don't think I am a pain, but I am bringing this to the front page again in hopes those who are patiently waiting for the instructions to be pm'd to them can see this post and hopefully get to them in the HOW DO I section.

Here is the link to the instructions on the gelatin loopy bow

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%