Care To Share Your Most Embarrassing Moment??

Lounge By cakes22 Updated 6 May 2009 , 5:08pm by AverageMom

cakes22 Posted 6 May 2009 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 3

We all have had at least one! icon_redface.gif

Here is mine;

About 18 yrs ago, my soon-to-be-husband and I attended our friends wedding. As people were gathered around chatting before dinner, I was talking to a friend and I noticed a hair on her collar, near her neck. I casually go to remove the hair, I realize too late that it is ATTACHED to her neck. Here is the look on my face icon_eek.gif ! Hers= icon_redface.gificon_confused.gif . What do you say to that???? I think that triggered my obsession with tweezers and 10x magnification mirrors.

2 replies
indydebi Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 3

Mine falls under the heading of "When St. Peter is going thru my list of sins, he'll get to this one and say, "oh Debi, you DIDN'T say that, did you?" " icon_surprised.gif

My husband and I are BIG history buffs, especially the WWII era, especially the German theater. A vendor who did work for the company I worked at, was in my office and happened to tell me that his parents got him out of Germany when he was about 3 years old, right before they went to the concentration camp.

Being a history buff, I found myself in the presence of someone who was LIVING history and I said: (geesh, I can't believe I did this) .. I said,

"Oh how very exciting!"

He looked at me and said, "No. No, it's not."

I immediately realized what I had said, and was apologizing all over myself, trying to explain why I reacted that way and begging his forgiveness. He smiled and assured me "it's ok", but I never felt like such an ass in my entire life.

Engaging brain BEFORE opening mouth is always a good thing .... too bad I didn't realize that back then. icon_redface.gif

AverageMom Posted 6 May 2009 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 3

I found myself on a college choir tour, back to my home town. A lot of my high school friends were attending the concert. I ran up to a girl who had been a grade behind me, rubbed her (much, much larger!) belly, and said "When's the big day?!" She looked at me coldly and said "If you mean my wedding, it was last month." I learned my lesson. Pregnancy makes you fat, but apparently so does marriage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%