Anyone Know How To Make A Bucket?

Decorating By msc2006 Updated 7 May 2009 , 2:25am by msc2006

msc2006 Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 6

I am making a beach cake for my daughter's birthday and I want to have a pail and shovel on the top of the cake but I have no idea how to make the pail...has anyone ever done anything like this before? Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Melissa

5 replies
erikamj Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:48am
post #2 of 6

Are you thinking of molding the pail and shovel out of gumpaste?

mrsunknown Posted 6 May 2009 , 5:16am
post #3 of 6

Hi Mel, not sure what you actually wanted to make it out of??

I'm thinking of a few ways that you could TRY and do it, but i haven't tried any of them myself, just thought i would share my thoughts on houw i would attempt it. icon_smile.gif

I would get something that you have lying around eg a bottle from the pantry (something with the shape you are after), and use this as a kind of mould, if i am making sense lol Basically i would wrap a bottle with some baking paper neatly round sides and bottom, then either use, royal icing, fondant or a modelling paste of some kind, shape a bucket over the baking paper, allow to dry/set, once set carefully remove your bucket.

I would be interested to hear anyone elses ideas, as i said i haven't tried this myself just don't see why it wouldn't work icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck, let us know how you go thumbs_up.gif

msc2006 Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:38pm
post #4 of 6

You ladies rock, thanks for the great ideas!! I will let you know how it turns out!

bakingpw Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:37am
post #5 of 6

I would bake the cake in a ceramic plant "pot" (large or small). Then scoop out some of the top so it looks semi-full, ice, add fondant handle, put brown and granulated sugar together for sand and sprinkle in so it looks like it is full of sand.

msc2006 Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:25am
post #6 of 6

Oh that's a great idea! Where can I get a cermaic plant "pot" to bake the cake in? Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%