How Do I Do These Letters On This Cake??

Decorating By Mickeebabe Updated 6 May 2009 , 11:28am by cylstrial

Mickeebabe Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:29am
post #1 of 4

How do I make these letters here on this cake? The directions tell me to Tip 4 black pipe-in on message but I don't quite understand what that means.

Can anyone help?

Thanks. : )

If the picture doesn't show up, here's the link to the cake and letter I'm referring too:

(the black ones on the left of the page)

3 replies
DianaMarieMTV Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:32am
post #2 of 4

The way the instructions say to do it (on page 3 of the article) say:

"To Outline & Pipe-In
After outlining, using the same tip, squeeze out rowsof
lines to fill area. Pat icing down with fingertip dipped in
cornstarch or smooth with dampened art brush."

I'm sure you could use a star tip to fill in, or if you wanted smoother look you could flow it in with some royal or melted chocolate. icon_smile.gif HTH

Mickeebabe Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:36am
post #3 of 4

Thank you. I had no idea what "pipe-in" meant.

cylstrial Posted 6 May 2009 , 11:28am
post #4 of 4

I think RI would be a lot easier to fill in with! That's a pretty cool font!

Quote by @%username% on %date%