Which Gluten Free Recipe Do You Like?

Decorating By TyeRiley Updated 6 May 2009 , 5:52am by fosterscreations

TyeRiley Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 2

My mom's birthday is a month away. I've only been decorating for a little under a year and I would love to make her a beautiful cake for her 50th birthday. The issue is she found out recently that she has to have gluten free foods. Anyone have a recipe they like themselves even though they don't have to eat gluten free? I did look in the recipe section but it's hard to tell which ones would taste good when there is only one vote on them. Any help you can give would be great! Thankyou for your time.
Sara

1 reply
fosterscreations Posted 6 May 2009 , 5:52am
post #2 of 2

I don't have a recipe but both I and my customers love my GF cakes made with Kinkinnick brand cake mixes. They are pricey at $5 per mix but are very good. I do add a bit of vanilla to the white cake mix to help with the overpowering rice smell but the flavor is amazing.
I also found it is best to use your whisk attachment on the KA as it increases the volume and that way 1 mix will make a 2 layer 6inch cake with a small amount left over. When I made it the first time with the paddle I had to use 2 mixes for the same 6inch square.
I get my mixes in the health market of my HyVee grocery store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%