Brownstone Front Cake

Baking By havingfun Updated 16 May 2009 , 10:32pm by maryjsgirl

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:10pm
post #31 of 36

Sorry, didn't get notification of responses. Yes, I am old enough to remember Perry Mason icon_lol.gif I am sure, as Jeannem says, that Grandma used to beat the icing, like fudge. It seems as if it is nearly fudge! Getting ready to go to MI, so have not had time to bake this cake icon_sad.gif

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #32 of 36

Jeannem, thanks for the response. You cannot beat this icing once it cools, as it sets up. I did use my whip attachment until it started getting too cool. It gets hard. Hard on the outside, and soft on the inside. I did take the cake to the party. The aunt that is famous for her Brownstone Front Cake assured me I had done a great job. Another older lady confirmed it, when she said I had "nailed" the recipe. I still think there has to be a secret, but maybe with practice, I will get better. I have been surprised at the lack of response. Aside from linedancer, it seems no one has ever heard of this cake. It really is a good cake.

havingfun Posted 15 May 2009 , 9:52pm
post #33 of 36

O.K. I posted a picture of the cake. It did taste wonderful!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:49pm
post #34 of 36

Sure looks good, I am going to have to make one icon_smile.gif

havingfun Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:19pm
post #35 of 36

linedancer, good luck. The photo of my Brownstone has been deleted. Wonder why? I know there have been many discussions, etc., about different recipes.........

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:32pm
post #36 of 36

Dang I missed it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%