Need Homemade Lemon Curd And Raspberry Filling For Cakes

Baking By tex8798 Updated 8 May 2009 , 1:34am by Redmama

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 5

I need a lemon curd and raspberry filling for two cakes for this Sunday. My dad and son will be celebrating birthdays on Sunday along with mothers day so I want to make two special cakes. One white with a 7 min frosting with the lemon curd. The other dark chocolate with the raspberry filling with a ganach frosting. I am in need for some really good homemade recipes. Also if you could direct me to the 7 min frosting recipe that would be great or if you have tried something that works good with the white cake and lemon curd.
TIA

4 replies
Michellers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellers Posted 5 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 5

I can't help with the raspberry, but I've made this Lemon Curd recipe and it was a hit.

Lemon Curd

6 tbsp butter
3 eggs
2/3 c fresh lemon juice
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp lemon zest

Over low heat, melt the butter. Add remaining ingredients and whisk continuously for 8-10 minutes, until it forms a custard. Allow to cool, then pour into a jar and refrigerate. Curd will thicken considerably as it cools.

HTH icon_smile.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 5 May 2009 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 5

That sounds like a great recipe for lemon curd.

tex8798
If you do a search of the recipes you will find several for a raspberry filling and there are several threads on this also.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 May 2009 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 5

I know you said homemade but the Polaner All Fruit seedless raspberry stuff in the jelly aisle tastes really nice in a cake...its not the super sweet "jelly" taste but a nice raspberry filling. Nobody ever knows its "jam".

Redmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redmama Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:34am
post #5 of 5

I filled some cupcakes with this Wilton recipe for raspberry filling and it was sooo good! Its super easy to make and isnt too terribly sweet like jam/preserves, but just enough.

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Raspberry-Filling-1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%