How Do You Get The Quilting Effect??

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 5 May 2009 , 6:52pm by tiggy2

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, I was just trying to come up with some new ideas to try a new technique or two for my moms mothers day cake. I was thinking of the basket weave....but then I saw how lovely the quilting on te sides looks..but what do you do to get that? Is there a special tool? Or any tricks of the trade I should know???
Thank so much!
Oh and what do you think would be better to try the weave or the quilting??

Ashley!

4 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 5

would love to know how to do the quilting effect so free bump

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 5

You can use a tracing wheel from the sewing section or they have some from wilton's at most places. You can use the stitching wheel or a solid wheel. The also have a impression mat at the cake supply places. I really like the look of the quilted cakes. The basket weave are pretty but a little old school. JMHO

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 5

the quilting effect is done with a quilting impression mat... or a quilting impression/cutter... different sites sells these.. jennifer dontz shows how to use the impression/cutter in her dvd and she sells the tool.. great! sharon zambito shows how to use the mat in her dvd..Great! and she sells the mat.. they both sell what they show in their dvds.. they are both wonderful teachers.. just have their dvds.. haven,t sat under them in a class.. hth they are both member on c/c anytime i have ever e-mailed and asked a question.. they both respond nicely and quickly..

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

the quilting effect is done with a quilting ... or a quilting impression/cutter... different sites sells these.. jennifer dontz shows how to use the impression/cutter in her dvd and she sells the tool.. great! sharon zambito shows how to use the mat in her dvd..Great! and she sells the mat.. they both sell what they show in their dvds.. they are both wonderful teachers.. just have their dvds.. haven,t sat under them in a class.. hth they are both member on c/c anytime i have ever e-mailed and asked a question.. they both respond nicely and quickly..

Ditto on everything icer101 said. Jennifer and Sharon have the greatest DVDs and are so helpful. You can't go wrong with either one of their methods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%