Candy Clay With Real Chocolate? & Roland Belgian Chocola

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 5 May 2009 , 8:37pm by mbt4955

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I have two questions about chocolate. First, can I make candy clay with real chocolate or do I need to use candy melts? I've used Merckens and Wilton, but I am considering ordering some blocks of belgian chocolate. I will use some of it for melting (Oreo's, truffles, petit fours) and some for baking, but I would love to try some different things. I haven't ever tried "good" chocolate and am anxious to see if I can tell the difference.

I posted this question in another forum, but thought I would try it again here. Has anyone ever used Roland Belgianchocolates? Amazon has them on sale, but they are 11 lb blocks. I want to make sure that this is good chocolate and that I will be able to use it in all the ways I am hoping to.

Thanks!
Martha

2 replies
okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 3

I have a cake book I believe titled "Chocolate Wedding Cakes" and there is a section on chocolate clay roses where the author uses premium chocolates instead of candy melts.

Of course I'm not at home so I'm not much help am I.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 3

I appreciate your response. I can google it ... see what happens. As for the chocolate, I think I am going to bite the bullet and order it. Their website says that the white stays good for a year and dark chocolate even longer. Surely I can use 22 pounds of chocolate in that time period! icon_biggrin.gif

thanks, okred.
Martha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%