Tint Whipped Icing Neon

Decorating By Mommytiff Updated 8 May 2009 , 2:58am by djs328

Mommytiff Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 5

Hello to all. Does anyone have any way to make white whipped icing (i use the bettercream) a neon green color? I have been able to get the orange a bright color, but can't seem to get the green. Its about lime. I am doing a bridal shower spread, cupcakes and cookies and the colors are purple, orange and a lime... And short of just displaying on a lime tray, i can't seem to get it to work, figured someone here might be able to help me out. I know you can get the tubes of neon gel, but i need alot of icing that color.

4 replies
jodei Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 5

There are two different ways you can achieve the neonish color. First you can use green and yellow but use a little bit more yellow than green and I'd use a leaf green or something close to that. Or you could go to a walmart or a grocery store and in the baking aisle you can find a new line of neon colors by betty crocker. At our stores here I have actually found several brands carrying neon colors and they do not cost a lot. Hth

Mommytiff Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I will check again. The only neon i have seen is the gel tubes (i LOVE WALMART FOR MY DECORATING SUPPLIES...lol) I had thought about the green and yellow, but didn't want a complete disaster, and not having money to just throw away in icing...

Thanks again.. Its not till the end of may, so when i do them, i will post pics.

curiegas Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:39am
post #4 of 5

If you have access to Americolor gels, they have an electric green that would probably work.

djs328 Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #5 of 5

I have used the Americolor Electric Green also (with whipped cream) and it works great! (Better than the neon BC ones...too liquidy for whipped cream, anyhow...don't know about bettercreme)

Quote by @%username% on %date%