Tint Whipped Icing Neon

Decorating By Mommytiff Updated 8 May 2009 , 2:58am by djs328

Mommytiff Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 5

Hello to all. Does anyone have any way to make white whipped icing (i use the bettercream) a neon green color? I have been able to get the orange a bright color, but can't seem to get the green. Its about lime. I am doing a bridal shower spread, cupcakes and cookies and the colors are purple, orange and a lime... And short of just displaying on a lime tray, i can't seem to get it to work, figured someone here might be able to help me out. I know you can get the tubes of neon gel, but i need alot of icing that color.

Thanks

4 replies
jodei Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 5

There are two different ways you can achieve the neonish color. First you can use green and yellow but use a little bit more yellow than green and I'd use a leaf green or something close to that. Or you could go to a walmart or a grocery store and in the baking aisle you can find a new line of neon colors by betty crocker. At our stores here I have actually found several brands carrying neon colors and they do not cost a lot. Hth

Mommytiff Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I will check again. The only neon i have seen is the gel tubes (i LOVE WALMART FOR MY DECORATING SUPPLIES...lol) I had thought about the green and yellow, but didn't want a complete disaster, and not having money to just throw away in icing...

Thanks again.. Its not till the end of may, so when i do them, i will post pics.

curiegas Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:39am
post #4 of 5

If you have access to Americolor gels, they have an electric green that would probably work.

HTH,
Cecilia

djs328 Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #5 of 5

I have used the Americolor Electric Green also (with whipped cream) and it works great! (Better than the neon BC ones...too liquidy for whipped cream, anyhow...don't know about bettercreme)
HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%