Gum Paste Sprays, What To Do With The Wires?

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 5 May 2009 , 8:48pm by brincess_b

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 3

OK, I admit, gum paste flowers intimidate me. I love them, but I rarely use them. Im never sure how to place them on the cake.

I want to place this spray on a cake for Mothers Day. I bought a couple of sprays for a cake last year and had several pieces left over. I twisted the wires around and bent them into this arrangement for the top of the cake. I made little bow loops and stuck them in places to hopefully cover some of the wires. But what do I do with all that extra wire? This is how I want the spray to lay on the cake. Do I cut the wires? I dont want to cut them too short and have some of the pieces separate from the spray. Did I not do this right? Thanks for any help!
LL

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 3

i would wrap the wires with floral tape then bend them underneath the arrangement to hid them.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 3

you can cut them too. if you wrap them with floristry tape as you work down the bunch, they should be held in place. harder to do if you didnt create the whole spray it will be harder to do though, so folding it out of might might be the best way to go!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%