Cheesecake Filling???

Decorating By underthesun Updated 7 May 2009 , 12:47pm by FlourPots

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:04am
post #1 of 6

Several of you have talked about using cheesecake filling. It sounds delicious! Would anyone be willing to share their recipe? I'd love to try it. Any chance cheesecake filling doesn't have to be refrigerated? icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

5 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:57am
post #2 of 6

I use this one for my white cake with Strawberry-cream cheese filling....

1 pkg. ( 8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 stick of real butter, softened
31/2 Cups of powdered sugar..... adjust to suit yourself
3/4 Cup of mashed fresh strawberries, drained.... or if out of season, I use strawberry preserves.
Combine cream cheese and butter.... mix on low until well blended. Add strawberries or preserves, then the sugar...... mix well....
substitute raspberries too......

I think there area a couple in the recipes section on here too.....

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 6

i have used the ready to go cheesecake in a tub made by philly and it works great. as for something that does not need refrigeration i would try using bettercreme, which is non dairy, and mix in a cheesecake flavored pudding mix.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 6

There's some good ideas in this recent similar thread: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-622204.html

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:03am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all these tips. I've bookmarked the great post "flourpots" referenced. I can't wait to try one of these ideas! Sorry I didn't respond to your answers, for some reason i didn't get an email letting me know someone had posted. icon_surprised.gificon_smile.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 6

Glad to help...and don't be sorry, that lack of email notification happens alot icon_smile.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%