Baptism Cross

Decorating By Neelas_wife Updated 6 May 2009 , 4:49am by Neelas_wife

Neelas_wife Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:01am
post #1 of 7

I dont do very well with Candy.....with that said can anyone suggest ideas to make a cross. I do best with fondant....Any help will be great....Thanks all

CC Rocks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
panchanewjersey Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:12am
post #2 of 7

Last time I made a cross I used fondant with a little tylose so it would dry hard and quicker, but I used a large cookie cross cutter. But using chocolate it also very easy, you can get a cross mold and just melt chocolate and pour let it get hard and pop it out. That's it.

beachcakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 7

Hi! I just uploaded a cake from the weekend with a fondant cross. You can take a peek at my gallery. I used fondant w/ tylose as the previous poster mentioned. This one was made using a mold. I've also made others using an image i found online as a template, or just freehand drawing one on paper and using it as a template also.

have_your_cake Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 7

I've seen one here on CC with a cross that looks like quilling but I can't find it right now. Here's a link to a cake with quilling flowers. You can do the same thing for any style cross you would like.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1335647.html

have_your_cake Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 7
EvMarie Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 7

Of course I'm no expert...but if you're making a sheet cake, you can always carve a cross out of an extra layer of cake and apply it separately. Kind of like a reverse embossed deal...

Again, I'm no expert. I just started but if I can figure out how to upload the cake I just did for a First Communion, take a look see!

I think, if you are great at fondant, it would be really pretty to prepare your regular cake and even the cross separately...then apply. That way you could detail the cross with fancy sparkly goodies or use an impression mat just on the cross and keep the rest of the cake plain? Something to set the cross apart. I did some scroll type stuff on mine. I am just starting and have just been working with buttercream & concentrating on icing my cakes smooth.

Good Luck!

Neelas_wife Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:49am
post #7 of 7

Thank you everyone for the advise. I will let you know what I come up withicon_smile.gif

Jen - Good luck and your cake looks great.....

Also special thanks thanks thanks to Neomommy; beachcakes and Pancha....U guys r gr8icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%