Impression Mat Diamond Grid

Decorating By Neelas_wife Updated 6 May 2009 , 7:30am by ApplegumKitchen

Neelas_wife Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:59am
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone
Need to make a cake on thursday - I dont have a Impression Mat Diamond Grid ....Any suggestions to dame effect without the tool.....Pls help
TC everyone

6 replies
panchanewjersey Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:03am
post #2 of 7

If your patient and can measure it out, try a diamond cookie cutter or even a square and angle it. Just a suggestion.

ApplegumKitchen Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:09am
post #3 of 7

If you are using fondant you can use a set-square and a knife

ptanyer Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:23am
post #4 of 7

If all else fails, you can use a ruler and a small dart marker (like you use to mark darts when sewing). Hold the ruler up to the cake at the angle you want to use and use the straight edge to run the wheel up the cake. When you have completely gone around the cake in one direction, then reverse and viola! That's what I did on my very first fondant cake, which is also my avatar. Don't forget to measure the diameter of the cake to determine how far apart to space the lines. HTH thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:04am
post #5 of 7

The ruler would work well.

Just a thought though:

Maybe you could try those triangle rulers, you know the kind that you bought with your geometry set when you were in school, that way it's already at an angle. Here's a pic:

http://www.sourcingmap.com/geometry-plastic-combination-triangle-ruler-protractor-set-p-31871.html.

If you don't have one you could make one out of cardboard/cardstock or something similar and then line that up against your cake and run your stitching wheel against it to make your marks.

Neelas_wife Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:52am
post #6 of 7

Thank you Apllegum ; Pancha ; ptanyer and Xstitcher.....I will try the ruler way....Praying it should come out decenticon_smile.gif TC and thank u againicon_smile.gif

ApplegumKitchen Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:30am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Maybe you could try those triangle rulers, you know the kind that you bought with your geometry set when you were in school, that way it's already at an angle. Here's a pic:

http://www.sourcingmap.com/geo.....1871.html.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif YEP - those triangle rulers would be called a SET-SQUARE - hahaha - so yes SAME IDEA !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

If you are using fondant you can use a set-square and a knife

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%